Paderson TS wedge shaft vs UST Recoil proto 125 wedge

jim54

must be the shafts
Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone tried this shaft? I am looking at different Graphite wedge shafts and the Paderson TS W is 128 grams and looks compareable to the UST tourspx proto wedge shaft @ 125 grams. I know it is a crap shoot without demoing but that is the way of the world right now.

The Paderson is half the price of the UST, but if the performance is not as good price is not a issue.

TS W 125 shafts installed, they are really cool looking shafts. I will try to remember to take some pictures tomorrow, they needed the same amount of tip weight to get to D3 as the 110 F5 recoils.

15889371480185795272565942908574.jpg15889371870221781159954339646184.jpg15889372115078820495988336470997.jpg

That looks really good.

It has a bit of a bulge about halfway down, felt really good this morning but i only got a few holes in before the wife called me home to take care of another Cat passing away......going again Sunday.

I have the Paderson wedge shafts in my backup wedges (SW-56/LW-60)/Wishon PCF Platinum model. The Paderson shaft for me produces the lowest flight of any wedge/shaft combo I have ever played. I can honestly say that good strikes produces literally one hop/stop. I mean one hop stop not two hops. Crazy for me as historically I have only played steel shafted combo wedges and actually hit those higher than these graphite shafted Paderson wedge model shafts.

While I don’t have experience with the UST Proto shafts I do carry Callaway JAWS MD5's-(56/60) with KBS steel wedge shafts and hit those much higher. I have thought of re shafting these with Paderson shafts but I do like the higher ball flight that I am getting with this particular club/shaft combo.

I have the Paderson wedge shafts in my backup wedges (SW-56/LW-60)/Wishon PCF Platinum model. The Paderson shaft for me produces the lowest flight of any wedge/shaft combo I have ever played. I can honestly say that good strikes produces literally one hop/stop. I mean one hop stop not two hops. Crazy for me as historically I have only played steel shafted combo wedges and actually hit those higher than these graphite shafted Paderson wedge model shafts.

While I don’t have experience with the UST Proto shafts I do carry Callaway JAWS MD5's-(56/60) with KBS steel wedge shafts and hit those much higher. I have thought of re shafting these with Paderson shafts but I do like the higher ball flight that I am getting with this particular club/shaft combo.
This is part of my intrigue with these, though, I’m not sure I need the flatter flight in my wedges personally.

Got in a full round with these and wow if they made this Shaft in 110 weight I would be pulling the Recoil 110 F5 this week, what I can find is the iron shafts only go up to 85 grams in this Model.

I took quite a few full swings with both the 52 and 60 and saw at least 5-8 yards more distance and spun back a couple which was cool but drop and stop is fine. The ball flight on full swings was plenty high, really not much difference than the 110 F5 or the stock Modus 125 height wise.

Going to be looking out for the Paderson 110 Ballistic in Stiff.

Wanted to bump this to get thoughts. Thinking about these two shafts going into some wedges

Back