Palm Springs Golf!

spaceace414

Reaction score
Handicap
My best friend and I spent last week in Palm Springs, CA. It was my first time there and I was blown away. We played in a three day amateur event, playing PGA West Dunes, Indian Wells Celebrity (freaking amazing course), and Firecliff. I did come in last in my flight but this is mostly due to my bad back and not swinging a club since October (I'm in Denver).

I was blown away by the quality of these courses. The Celebrity course was a course you could take a picture on each hole.

We also stayed and went to the American Express on Friday.

Any folks here play Palm Springs? What are your thoughts?

Yes, every year the Grandaddy has been hosted at a pretty awesome place there called the Hideaway

My best friend and I spent last week in Palm Springs, CA. It was my first time there and I was blown away. We played in a three day amateur event, playing PGA West Dunes, Indian Wells Celebrity (freaking amazing course), and Firecliff. I did come in last in my flight but this is mostly due to my bad back and not swinging a club since October (I'm in Denver).

I was blown away by the quality of these courses. The Celebrity course was a course you could take a picture on each hole.

We also stayed and went to the American Express on Friday.

Any folks here play Palm Springs? What are your thoughts?
Like @JB said, the Grandaddy is played out there and I was fortunate enough to be apart of it this past year... and when it was cold and wet in my hometown in early December i got to play one of the nicest courses I have ever played in The Hideaway at a perfect 70-75 degrees and sunny. Made me wish I could be a snowbird and play golf all winter there.

we go there about every year. Going late June this year. Firecliff is one of the few I will replay. Don't miss Silverrock (although the new construction may be a drawback).

If you get a chance to go back there are so many great tracks it is well worth the trip. Personally I prefer it over (heretic take incoming) Las Vegas and Scottsdale for golf.

There are a lot of very nice courses in the greater Palm Springs area. I was lucky enough to play The Hideaway in December as part of the Grandaddy team, and this month we went down there and played Firecliff and Mountain View at Desert Willow, and the Gary Player Signature Course at Mission Hills North. All great tracks, and there are plenty more all over the Coachella Valley.

Last edited:
100 years ago Palm Springs was a developed as a leisure-golf-destination which people from Los Angeles used for weekend retreats.
Over the decades Palm Springs proper grew and cities to the south emerged including Cathedral City, Rancho Mirage, Palm Desert, Bermuda Dunes, Indian Wells, La Quinta, and Indio. Now this entire area (Coachella Valley) is seriously de[pendent on the game of golf. There are golf course residential communities which need golf to be popular or there won't be buyers for the hundred thousand plus existing homes.

Back