Still pretty warm in the Carolinas! Shorts until the high is in the 60s.

My lower legs can endure the chilly weather better than my arms so I typically wear shorts as long as I can stand it with a jacket until it really gets cold!!

I'm in this camp as well ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ (y) Shorts all the way until the cold wind bites into my legs.

I can do shorts, but I agree if it is cool my top has to be covered.

I prefer shorts as early and for as long as possible.

Shorts as much as humanly possible and in AZ that is year round loL!

I wear shorts as much as possible. I only go to pants on the golf course when it is too cold(45 or less) or a mandatory dress code.

Shorts almost exclusively, except at the nicest clubs or perhaps in cold weather. But it would have to be pretty cold for me to opt for pants over shorts :)

Shorts whenever reasonable, especially if walking. I'll throw on a pullover with shorts before going to pants.

Shorts until it dips below 70F then I break out the puffy coat and snow pants.

I’m typically a pants guy, but will break out the shorts every now and then.

I tend to lean towards pants early in the year, and drag out shorts into the fall to pretend like summer is still alive haha
This is me too.

i deserve to be roasted for saying this out loud, but pants. makes me feel like a tour pro lol
Don’t remember the details, but there used to be an old ad slogan something like, “look sharp, be sharp.”

Shorts if it's going to be above 55 for a high, which it's not next week.

Shorts. I'm sure someday I'll have to invest in golf pants....but given a choice, there is none.

This topic has come up among the 2019 Grandaddy participants and most are opting for shorts. I have been to Palm Springs in December and remember it being cold in the mornings. We were hiking and went up into the mountains while we were out there so it all blends into a not so warm memory. I am not a cold natured person but I am bringing pants with shorts as a back up.

What does the forum say?

If its above 60 I'm wearing shorts. Have to take every chance I get to wear them. I've played golf in pants in 90 degrees and its no fun.

I played in pants at 104° and had a blast!

My default this time of year is shorts but I'll be switching over to pants (and a knit cap) for Saturday. 50 at tee time going to the low 60s.

If it's on the edge, it could honestly be either. Easier play is shorts with a 1/4zip or jacket as in case it gets hotter I can take one of those off. Pants with a polo is more comfortable if it's on the edge though and consistent through the round.

Yesterday's round: 3 guys wore pants and a sleeveless vest and I had shorts and a 1/4 zip. They rode, I walked. Picking the right gear is a complicated formula. :)

I don't mind pants but usually wait until temps are in the low 50s. Influencing variables are wind speed and cloud cover.

Until THP ruined me a few years ago I never shorts, even with temps in the 100's. (shorts with wingtips or cap toe golf shoes is just plain wrong).

Now, I'm wearing casual golf shoes and shorts (with a 1/4 zip) when it's upper 40's at tee time. That is as long as the wind isn't blowing and the temps are supposed to be close to 60° during the round. Colder than that and it's "winter" and the slacks, gloves, fleece watch cap, etc. come out.

I tend to gravitate to shorts if its warm enough, however if it just on the edge will do pants I hate getting cold out on the course.

Have a strong preference for pants. I really don't like wearing shorts on or off the course but in the heat of the summer, I can't avoid it.

If it’s under 100 I’m wearing pants. Gotta protect this skin with so much time in the sun.

Back