Particular Golf Ball or Not?

I used to play a bit of variety. Now it is just Chrome Soft X with triple track

I mix it up between a few mid priced urathane balls.

For the last three years I have played only Callaway Chrome Soft and Super Soft. However this year I have played the Super Soft all year so far.

I used to be all over the place in terms of what I would play and I think it showed up with some inconsistencies in my play. It was always relatively the same type of ball - 70-90ish compression, urethane. But I’m going to try to roll with the Bridgestone tour B X for all of next season and see what happens. I did so for the second half of this season and my approach game had never been better.

For the last three years I have played only Callaway Chrome Soft and Super Soft. However this year I have played the Super Soft all year so far.

I have been really impressed with the Callaway Superhot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually play the Q-Star Tour, good distance off the tee, good feel off the irons and enough spin around the green for my game.
I will try anything else but usually come back to the Srixon line.

I’ll play whatever. Despite what others have told me, I’m convinced that at my skill level it is impossible to evaluate the performance of a particular ball.

I find that I don't have a lot of difference between balls. (New balls are better than recycled.) So, I try to stick with one and use it constantly. If you know what to expect, you get more consistent.

I was stuck on Supersoft for a while, but now I've been playing any ball marked "soft." Between me and one of my buddies, we've accumulated quite a stash of found, almost new-condition balls, so I've been rotating through a few different brands. I've found no noticeable difference in my distance/accuracy.

For the good golf months May thru Septembe, it was Pro V1 in yellow exclusively. Other months I dabble a bit. So far the CSx Triple Track and ERC Soft Yellow have been put in play. Quite like the CSx Triple Track. Very similar to the Pro V1 in most instances.

Since I work at a course and am always finding balls that people either leave behind in their carts or lose on the course I have no shortage of Pro V's so I have been just basically playing those. Does it help my game playing the same ball? Playing a Tour level ball? I haven't noticed any real change in my score or performance off the tee or around the green. I've played some of my best rounds using a Slazenger Money Ball!

I have tried a few different balls when I have found them on the course, but in the last few years I have only ever bought Callaway Chromesoft variations (normal, X, Truvis and the Triple Track most recently)

I haven't had enough time to spend with the Triple Track to determine if I like it more than the X, but I prefer the X over the normal version

Discovered the QST and greenside spin this year and loved it. However, Srixon Soft Feel goes furthest for me. That's the ball for 2020, not sure if I should go with the yellow or matte green.

I’ve found myself playing many different brands and models of golf balls recently. I’ll play the same brand and model for the round but may try a different one the next day. So far I have not found anything that that I call a stand out for me.

So are you loyal or do you play what ya have or get on sale?
I have been gaming Pro V1s for years. Every year I try out new models / manufacturers but always return to the Pro V. The AVX is worth a try but it has less spin around the green on pitches and chips and a bit frisky off the putter face. Honma introduced a ball to the UK last year, the TW X at £25 - $35 cost. Magazines review it to be as good as the Pro V. Have not tries it yet, has anyone any info there?

I experiment a lot, but for me its about feel. There may be a better ball suited to my skill level, but if it feels like garbage there's no way I'm going to enjoy the round even if I'm scoring well. So because of that, I always find myself coming back to Bridgstone. Loved the B330 RX and now the Tour B RX. Pretty sure I love the next generation as well, until I find something to knock it off its perch.

Until you play one ball exclusively for a while, you won't appreciate how you develop a sort of "feel" for that ball. Consequently, should you switch to another ball, you will probably be able to tell the difference on certain shots... those within a 100 yards and perhaps putting. That has been my experience and so I now play the same ball almost exclusively.

I could probably play at least a half dozen balls that I've tried in the past and they all seem to work pretty well, but I've decided on one particular ball because it has a slight softer feel and still produces the results I'm looking for. Since I'm not a long hitter, distance is not my primary concern, but consistency is. And since I get 3 or 4 up and downs each round, how it performs on the greens is really important to me.

I don't play with any one ball in particular yet. I did play a TP5 the other day and got some good distance and straight shots with it. Will give it another couple rounds(well...really until I lose it :ROFLMAO:) to see if it works better than others that I have used.

I've jumped around a little from the Pro V1 to Chrome soft, but I keep coming back to the Srixon Z star XV.

My favorite ball is the Srixon Z-Star XV, but if I can't buy any used ones I'll play whatever I find while out on the course. Any decent ball will do well for me for the most part. If I get in a bind and need to buy new balls, I'll usually grab a dozen Bridgestone e6's at Walmart.

I've jumped around a little from the Pro V1 to Chrome soft, but I keep coming back to the Srixon Z star XV.
Seems there is a lot of people that like the Srixon balls. Think I may need to give em a try.

Right there with you. Once you see the data the ProV1x is now my go to. Thanks Titleist tour van

Same with me. I tried a couple of similar balls but the performance was always better with the Titleist ProV1x. That ball is it for me until something new comes out.

Seems there is a lot of people that like the Srixon balls. Think I may need to give em a try.
I'd sure recommend giving them a try. I've had great success with Srixon balls.

I too have bounced around quite a bit. I've been partial to the Bridgestone B-330S since being fitted a few years ago. Although my swing speed is high, my consistency had been quite low in recent years. As such, I played the E6, Q-Stars, K-Sigs, and even went to used balls for a while. Though the balls were less expensive when lost off the tee, I wasn't getting the same distance as I would achieve with some more premium balls (Pro V1, TP5, ChromeSoft, BXS/330S). And, spin around the greens was very inconsistent, particularly with the most recent 3-piece Kirklands.

I'm finally starting to see some consistency off the tee, so I've decided to stick with the TP5 and BXS. Both of these balls perform very well off the tee, have the consistent spin I'm looking for around the greens, and feel great off the face of the putter.

-Bishop

You can't go wrong with Srixon. Plus they run sales. The QST is now 20 bucks at Golf Galaxy. I don't think there's a better ball out there for 20. Plus Black Friday deals will be coming soon.

Back