Phil and callaway split

Not surprising with Phil going through what I am calling his “Hollywood Hogan” phase.

As a lefty this makes me a little sad. Phil being the one they were building cool stuff for and being one of us meant we got some cool stuff too.

No big surprise, that ship sailed awhile ago. Good for Phil for giving the ball a solid endorsement.

That is what we call "saving face."

Callaway wouldnt just dump Phil, so let him announce it on his own and let it be.
I meant him talking about the ball. If bad blood I don’t think he’s be talking about the ball.

I don’t like it. Some other guys can have drug problems, very public improprieties, etc but they can stay with their sponsors. Phil says the truth about the tour and partners with the Saudies - which the tour ends up doing too - and he’s persona non grata.

Figured it would come eventually

Phil probably a little too unpredictable to hitch your wagon to right now, not all that surprising

The relationship was"paused". Is this tweet announcing an actual split? He was still gaming their clubs, and I imagine getting fit there, even if he wasn't wearing the logo the past couple years.
I believe yes it is official now. Like Facebook Official relationship status official. :)
I don’t like it. Some other guys can have drug problems, very public improprieties, etc but they can stay with their sponsors. Phil says the truth about the tour and partners with the Saudies - which the tour ends up doing too - and he’s persona non grata.
I can agree with this haha. He called out a lot of nonsense. Didn't always do it the best way, but sometimes, gotta be extreme to make change and he was the one ya know?

For more than 30 years Phil has sought out the spotlight, and when he plays well his act has been good for golf.

It's unfortunate either party doesn't say why.

Is he too old or is it the LIV thing?
Or less TV exposure?

It was a good run.

Phil just announced he is no longer sponsored. Continues to hype the new ball though (as he should haha. It’s amazing)

Interesting... Not unexpected I think?

Can't wait to get my hands on the new golf ball!

Back