Phil Mickelson Thread

Word is Lefty got $200 million to join LIV. o_O

BTW, I'm enjoying the Shipnuck book on Phil.

It's a great read! Despite what a lot of us assumed from the released quotes a few months back, it's anything but a hit piece. Provides a great look at the man.

lmao nah, I’m not that much of a Phil fan.

Figured I'd ask as you have lots of them.

Is it worth the read?

Word is Lefty got $200 million to join LIV. o_O
Thats a lot of fun money.

I like Phil and wish him the best through all of this. Gotta wonder how he is really holding up mentally through all of this. Hope he is handling it all well.

Figured I'd ask as you have lots of them.

Is it worth the read?

I have enjoyed it. Will probably have it finished up here in a day or two.

you know it’s fairly balanced IMO. They talk a bunch about some things Phil does outside of golf, and give me huge credit for what he does in the locker room with players and his RC impact.

I myself have been on the Phil is a phony train for a long long time. And I think Tiger always gets a knock for his press conferences being calculated and minimal. To me, Phil’s are just as calculated, but more entertaining, and they spend some time hitting on that kind of stuff both on and off course.

I have enjoyed it. Will probably have it finished up here in a day or two.

you know it’s fairly balanced IMO. They talk a bunch about some things Phil does outside of golf, and give me huge credit for what he does in the locker room with players and his RC impact.

I myself have been on the Phil is a phony train for a long long time. And I think Tiger always gets a knock for his press conferences being calculated and minimal. To me, Phil’s are just as calculated, but more entertaining, and they spend some time hitting on that kind of stuff both on and off course.

Hmm might have to give that a read then

I just finished listening to the audio version of the book. It is a good listen and provided some nice insights. I didn't really realize all the gambling that goes on in practice rounds or side games...but just seems like Phil likes the rush of it which is also why he plays the way he does. Also interesting that Phil is a big tipper and signs all the autographs but then holds out on Bones for his cut of the Fedex $$$. It's a fair book & shows why Phil has always been a fan favorite.

I just finished listening to the audio version of the book. It is a good listen and provided some nice insights. I didn't really realize all the gambling that goes on in practice rounds or side games...but just seems like Phil likes the rush of it which is also why he plays the way he does. Also interesting that Phil is a big tipper and signs all the autographs but then holds out on Bones for his cut of the Fedex $$$. It's a fair book & shows why Phil has always been a fan favorite.

i thought it was a fair book. Showed some good, some shady haha I learned some things that I did not know.

i thought it was a fair book. Showed some good, some shady haha I learned some things that I did not know.
I started and finished the book on my vacation. I thought it was very fair. Phil is a complicated man, and I think the book did a good job showing just how complicated. He does a lot of good by a lot of people, but that ego can't just get out of its own way sometimes. Phil could read the books: Why Buildings Stand Up, and Why Buildings Fall Down, and try to out talk me on structural design.

I started and finished the book on my vacation. I thought it was very fair. Phil is a complicated man, and I think the book did a good job showing just how complicated. He does a lot of good by a lot of people, but that ego can't just get out of its own way sometimes. Phil could read the books: Why Buildings Stand Up, and Why Buildings Fall Down, and try to out talk me on structural design.

to get even more Phil fun, I'm in the middle of Tiger & Phil by Bob Harig

Back