Pick a car... any car!

OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
Imagine you dropped a quarter into a slot machine and hit the jackpot! The prize was not cash, but a car. Which car, you say? Any car. Pick anything that's available on the market today. The only catch, you have to own it, maintain it, insure it, etc. for at least 5 years. No fair taking $1M car to sell and buy 10 cars. Just one car, what's it gonna be?

I would just take a brand new version of my truck. F-150 Platinum Edition.

Aston Martin Rapide AMR

1569595877999.png

Easy, 1966 427 Shelby Cobra Super Snake

Easy, 1966 427 Shelby Cobra Super Snake

Very respectable. I was going for cars on the new market, but I won't chastise you like some would for giving an honest answer.

My 2005 Totota Landcruiser.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

2020 Toyota Tacoma

for "realistic" choices,

2020-nissan-gt-r-super-silver.jpg

or

2020-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-photos-1.jpg

2019 AMG S63 coupe. If it was already paid for. The warranty is 4 years with maintenance, so the only thing I would do is insurance and gas..which would be a lot. Maybe not that color though. 4 wheel drive 0-60 3.4 not bad for a 4 passenger car. 603 hp 664 tq.

1569597097473.png

1569598124464.png

Imagine you dropped a quarter into a slot machine and hit the jackpot! The prize was not cash, but a car. Which car, you say? Any car. Pick anything that's available on the market today. The only catch, you have to own it, maintain it, insure it, etc. for at least 5 years. No fair taking $1M car to sell and buy 10 cars. Just one car, what's it gonna be?

Has to on the market today? Like you have to be able to buy a new one?

You really put a monkey wrench in the equation with me having to maintain and insure the darn thing lol, pretty much eliminates any supercar for me.
I'd take a Mercedes AMG Black SL65. Basically a muscle car wearing a tuxedo - and I love that. Twin turbo V12, over 600HP and the best part? 738 lbs/ft of torque at 2000rpm. Giddy UP!benz.jpg

Has to on the market today? Like you have to be able to buy a new one?

That's what I was thinking, but I'm not discriminatory. If you wanna play fast and loose with it, pick something classic, go for it.

1968 Plymouth GTX 440, 4-speed.GTX.jpg

Either a 2019 Roush Stage 3 Mustang or 2020 Shelby GT Mustang.

Very respectable. I was going for cars on the new market, but I won't chastise you like some would for giving an honest answer.

My response has been the same when asked this question going back over 35 years

That's what I was thinking, but I'm not discriminatory. If you wanna play fast and loose with it, pick something classic, go for it.
Well in that case a McLaren F1. Hands down.

Can't find one in the moment? Then a 1984 Ferrari 288 GTO or a 61 Ferrari 250 gt California spider SWB.

Done and done

If I'm looking at current offerings I'm going a new C8 Corvette.

If I can go any car I'm going a blue with white stripes Dodge Viper GTS. That's been my dream car since it first came out.

I'd take one of these, flip off the oil companies (with their manipulated gas prices) and the CA Gov (with the highest gas taxes in the country) every time I passed a gas station, put in a solar charging station at the house and flip off PG&E every time I plug it in!

71+t6q+mqLL._UY560_.jpg

Back