PING Adjustable Shaft Question

Tee1Up

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the adjustable putter shaft comes apart into 2 pieces or does it just adjust up and down and not come apart?
Thanks

Oh it comes apart! I have if you have any other questions. If you've never used one they are much different. Much heavier and almost like a counter balance.

I was looking at the Anser CB and didn't know if I wanted to order the 38" or get the adjustable. Any problems with the adjustable?

Last edited:
PING Adjustable Shaft Question

I myself have never had any problems with the adjustable one. Sometimes it's hard when you adjust it, to make sure that the handle is square with the face but after some time you get used to it. I truthfully don't know if I would recommend getting adjustable with counterbalance just because of the weight of the normal putter feels to me like a counterbalance already

As a tinkerer, I love my adjustable anser. I can adjust it up to 38" and down to 33". I can mess with opening up the putter face or closing it. It does feel a little heavier than the non adjustable anser. I like the fact that I can get into a little slump, adjust it to a different length and feel like I have a totally different putter.

Any more feedback on Ping's adjustable length putters? I am seriously considering getting one.

I had a short game lesson with Stan Utley in February and he suggested I get a longer putter (mine is 36"). Stan had me use his putter (I think it was a 38") and it allowed me to stand more upright and swing more freely. I spent some time at Golf Galaxy trying some putters today and I'm thinking I would like to play a longer putter this year. I like the idea of adjustable as I could fine tune the length. From the comments above, it seems counterbalancing isn't necessary. Could you put a SuperStroke on a Ping adjustable?

Thanks

[QUOTE=JMN57;3648381]Any more feedback on Ping's adjustable length putters? I am seriously considering getting one.

I had a short game lesson with Stan Utley in February and he suggested I get a longer putter (mine is 36"). Stan had me use his putter (I think it was a 38") and it allowed me to stand more upright and swing more freely. I spent some time at Golf Galaxy trying some putters today and I'm thinking I would like to play a longer putter this year. I like the idea of adjustable as I could fine tune the length. From the comments above, it seems counterbalancing isn't necessary. Could you put a SuperStroke on a Ping adjustable?

I would imagine you could as long as it is the same length as the ping corded grip. I really like the ping cord grip and I'm not usually a fan of those type of grips. Having the option to tinker with the length is really cool for me. When my back is aching a little, I will adjust it up so I dont have to bend over as much. Sometimes I'll adjust it if I'm in a funk and feel like I have a totally different putter, more of a mental thing, but it usually works. If you like to tinker like I do, the ping adjustable putters dont get any better!

[QUOTE=JMN57;3648381]Any more feedback on Ping's adjustable length putters? I am seriously considering getting one.

I would imagine you could as long as it is the same length as the ping corded grip. I really like the ping cord grip and I'm not usually a fan of those type of grips. Having the option to tinker with the length is really cool for me. When my back is aching a little, I will adjust it up so I dont have to bend over as much. Sometimes I'll adjust it if I'm in a funk and feel like I have a totally different putter, more of a mental thing, but it usually works. If you like to tinker like I do, the ping adjustable putters dont get any better!

Thanks for the feedback.

Went to a Golf Galaxy today and putted with both the 35" and adjustable Shea TR. Both worked pretty well for me. The 35" was particularly good - from 10', I drained my first 5 in a row with it. The adjustable clearly is a little more hefty which isn't bad - I find swinging it, it maintains path better for slow/short swings.

When I didn't make (with either), I was burning the edges so I am definitely going to buy one. Just not sure which. OOB, the 35" is sweet but I am intrigued by the adjustable shaft. Not being very familiar with Ping putters, I have been doing some research and realize I have to go back and find out some more specs about the ones I tried (lie angle, etc).

Relative to the grip, I was fine with the stock grip but would probably go SuperStroke eventually.

I didn't have any problems with the adjustment until the last month I had it. It felt like the locking mech started to loosen up a little and when I waggled, it felt like two separate pieces.

To close the loop, I bought a Shea H TR Cadence, Strong Arc 35" I was tempted by the adjustable but I rolled the 35" so well I just had to buy it.

Back