Ping Alta CB 55 Driver Shaft

Hoganman1

Reaction score
I've been playing a Ping G400 driver for a couple of years now with pretty good results. It has the stock Alta CB 55 R flex shaft. Recently, I've noticed that I've lost a few yards and it's not as easy to draw the ball as it once was. I'm 71 (72 in January) with a torn right rotator cuff. I'm thinking I should look at trying a senior flex shaft.
I found the exact same shaft in a "soft" regular flex online. Does anyone else out there play this soft regular shaft? If so, does it help? After all, I know I'm not going to get stronger or younger as the days go by.

I'd say give it a shot and see if it helps. If not, then you can sell the shaft.

Otherwise, it's a bump for you thread as I'm no help whatsoever.😢

Check out the Alta Distanza shaft. Its 40g and senior flex, its a pretty good stock option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That one will indeed play as a soft regular in my experience.
I've been playing a Ping G400 driver for a couple of years now with pretty good results. It has the stock Alta CB 55 R flex shaft. Recently, I've noticed that I've lost a few yards and it's not as easy to draw the ball as it once was. I'm 71 (72 in January) with a torn right rotator cuff. I'm thinking I should look at trying a senior flex shaft.
I found the exact same shaft in a "soft" regular flex online. Does anyone else out there play this soft regular shaft? If so, does it help? After all, I know I'm not going to get stronger or younger as the days go by.

I looked at the Alta Distanza 40g, but could not find one for sale anywhere. I found an Alta CB 55g soft regular and ordered it. Unfortunately, it's not shipping until 10/2. Supply chain issues have created a backlog at Ping. I can get by until then. Besides, the Winter months will be a great time vto test a softer shaft.

Back