sabig27

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone hear anything about the ping chipper coming out? I saw it on the latest Ping you tube Round with Radar video posted one day ago. Looks like Cleveland smart Sole chipper. Called the Ping Chipr. It’s at the 26 minute mark if anyone wants to see it

Embargo is lifted this week.

Looks like it’s a modern, squared off version of the Chipo.

The trademark and patent has been filed and granted for a while now.... like a great deal of their stuff to my angst....

Nice. This will go in my bag immediately. Price ?

Nice. This will go in my bag immediately. Price ?
I was going to ask why you seemed so quick to throw out your smart sole C but now see your club signature...

1657557239837.png
1657557400513.png

I was going to ask why you seemed so quick to throw out your smart sole C but now see your club signature...
yeah it's still in the bag. I have just dialed down it's use. Last year I chipped in probably 6-8 balls with my Full face 56 and 60* wedges and when I put the SS C in the bag I was using it for everything pretty much in from 50 yds. While not a bad choice on some shots I was getting greedy with it. And hadn't chipped in any so far this year. So I went back to the Full Faces and first rd with them pitched one in. I still keep the Chipper in the bag as my 14th club but now I maybe use it 2-3 times a rd vs say 12 times. It has its place though. I love it from say 30-50 yds out with nothing in front of me. I essentially play it like a long putt and just keep it low and let it run out up towards the hole.
I just hope Ping doesn't make this one too low lofted. I prefer the chipper to have a little more loft.

something to ponder...:unsure: I've got 2 empty spots in my bag right now... well, they've been empty for years. And I can't chip worth a crap with my wedges...:unsure::unsure:

Back