Funny.. I’m following this thread and going through the “justification cycle in my head” why my g425 sounds soooo bad that I need to change to the 430. Of the 100 rounds or so that I played last yr, maybe one time did someone say something about the sound and here I am now acting like it’s so critical!!.. all this , so I can possibly hit it the same , but at least it’ll sound better..( I think). What a game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you don't want to spend money upgrading, a little sound hack for the G425 is to take off the back weight add a little rubber o ring over the screw (back of the weight side) and screw it back in. I didn't have a rubber o-ring that size so I found a little piece of thin rubber and cut it to the same shape as the weight, cut a hole in the middle for the screw to pass through and just placed it behind the weight to create a sort of barrier between the weight and the head. Surprisingly dulls the sound a little bit.

Just got back from my fitter where the Paradym vs G430 throw down went down. After warming up I took took 15 swings with 4 drivers each and compared numbers. Much to my surprise the Ping G430 LST won on every category. First time ever a Ping beat a Callaway for me on total distance from any of my fittings that has spanned over 20 years.

I went there thinking I would come out with the Paradym or G430. Still in shock I bought my first low spin driver since I love the extra forgiveness but the G430 LST seemed like it had plenty of forgiveness and perfect spin for me averaging around 2100…

Attachments

• E064D176-C30B-4FA0-B3C8-A4E45D3F811D.jpeg
    E064D176-C30B-4FA0-B3C8-A4E45D3F811D.jpeg
    60.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 6F021470-0D20-4F5C-B66E-88D63CAE22AF.jpeg
    6F021470-0D20-4F5C-B66E-88D63CAE22AF.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 25
  • B2F614E9-0243-427B-AADF-17D708BCE94D.jpeg
    B2F614E9-0243-427B-AADF-17D708BCE94D.jpeg
    208.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Just got back from my fitter where the Paradym vs G430 throw down. After warming up I took took 15 swings with 4 drivers each and compared numbers. Much to my surprise the Ping G430 LST won on every category. First time ever a Ping beat a Callaway foe me on total distance from any of my fittings that has spanned over 20 years.

I went there thinking I would come out with the Paradtm or G430. Still in shock I bought my first low spin driver since I love the extra forgiveness but the G430 LST seemed like it had plenty of forgiveness and perfect spin for me averaging around 2100…
Very nice

what loft and shaft/flex did you end up in?

I had a chance to finally hit the G430 Max outdoor yesterday to see ball flight. Normally I am an R flex guy but lately in the store I seemed to be hitting it better with the Alta 55 stiff. Talking about a straight driver. It was either a straight ball, hint of a draw or hint of a fade. Very consistent. Ball flight with the 10.5 Max head was a touch lower than I'd like to see so I raised the loft setting to the large plus and that helped. Will continue to test but I have a feeling it's going to unseat the 425 Max. Just need to find the right combo. Maybe splurge this season and get fitted.

Just got back from my fitter where the Paradym vs G430 throw down. After warming up I took took 15 swings with 4 drivers each and compared numbers. Much to my surprise the Ping G430 LST won on every category. First time ever a Ping beat a Callaway foe me on total distance from any of my fittings that has spanned over 20 years.

I went there thinking I would come out with the Paradtm or G430. Still in shock I bought my first low spin driver since I love the extra forgiveness but the G430 LST seemed like it had plenty of forgiveness and perfect spin for me averaging around 2100…

I was shocked with the results during my fitting With it

I was able to take a few swings at our league event this weekend because @Stribs let me swing his. I haven’t tried a Ping driver in probably 4 years and this one is really good. His shaft wasn’t made for me, but the driver felt very forgiving

Very nice, what loft and shaft/flex did you end up in?
I went with the 57 gram Alta CB, I’ve been playing with the Tensei Orange (63G) for awhile but since I just turned 60 and my swing speed is down to mid 90’s I wanted a shaft a little lighter. Alta CB worked out great in the sim since I averaged 2100 spin. I have 90 days to see if I like it…

Last edited:
I went with the 57 gram Alta CB, I’ve been playing with the Tensei Orange (63G) for awhile but since I just turned 60 and my swing speed is down to mid 90’s I wanted a shaft a little lighter. Alta CB worked out great in the sim since I averaged 2100 spin. I have 90 days to see if I like it…
Reg or stiff ? 10.5 head ?

Still playing my G425, Sundays round was 10/13 (used the 3w off on tee) only had one big miss where I just cut across the ball and caught a bad bounce to boot. The other two misses where just off the fairway a few feet. Just a solid driver overall with plenty of forgiveness.

Reg or stiff ? 10.5 head ?
I went regular for the first time in my life. Bought the 9* head and adjusted to 10* since the 10.5 was sold out. Alta CB with the LST head playing at 10* just worked out perfect for me with a piercing flight. Most importantly, it just felt right. The Max head was a little too much spin for me.

I had a recent fitting (Fri) - the 430 Max with the MCA Black Onyx came out head and shoulders above any and everything else. I was 10-12 yards longer and for the first time ever I did not murder any worms!! It was amazing what the shaft head combo, as I thought I could never hit a CB shaft (at least that has been my experience). I liked everything about the 430 - looks, sound, feel, etc.

I had good results with the Onyx during a recent fitting. I am going back to look at it again when I go back for a final fitting for driver.

I went regular for the first time in my life. Bought the 9* head and adjusted to 10* since the 10.5 was sold out. Alta CB with the LST head playing at 10* just worked out perfect for me with a piercing flight. Most importantly, it just felt right. The Max head was a little too much spin for me.
What was the dispersion like when you compared the Max to the LST? Lately I play a cut mostly and wonder if with the LST it would start drifting into slice territory, vs the built in help the Max has

I am going to my fitter to compare my G425 SFT w/Tensei Orange 55 R shaft against the G430. I will have them print out the Foresight numbers and will post on Friday.
So we will see if the G430 makes a difference for a regular 68 year old 20 handicap hacker.

Spent some time with the 430 max head today at the range. Sound is so pleasant on this one. Just a nice solid thwack. Still trying to self dial in a combo but more and more likely to adopt.

I loved the G400. I am feeling nostalgic so thinking about trying out this G430.

Spent some time with the 430 max head today at the range. Sound is so pleasant on this one. Just a nice solid thwack. Still trying to self dial in a combo but more and more likely to adopt.

Yep, got one this week and it sounds absolutely fantastic. Not sure it'll win out for my bag, but it's a fantastic driver. Looks like TXG had a good video for it today. Guess Ping did OK on this release...........

I loved the G400. I am feeling nostalgic so thinking about trying out this G430.
I loved my g400 lst and I have having the same feelings as you. I did try the g430 LS and found it to be really low spin compared to a few other low doing drivers I have been testing this year

Last edited:
Yep, got one this week and it sounds absolutely fantastic. Not sure it'll win out for my bag, but it's a fantastic driver. Looks like TXG had a good video for it today. Guess Ping did OK on this release...........
Yeah I saw Ian is going to put the 9* max with 17g weight and Ventus Blue 6X to start off the season. Not that I can relate to that setup lol.
The low strike speed and spin retention is what sold him.

Today I caved in and walked out from store carrying 430 Max. 10.5* with Alta CB SR shaft.
I was comparing with my Xxio 11 which I love and it’s a fairway finder but low hit suffers with distance lost.
430 max gave me consistent spin and minimal distance lost on low/heel shots that I am having issues.
I don’t swing hard any more these days. With Xxio I was hovering 83-85mph with ball speed 118-122mph.
430 max I was at 85-87mph with ball speed at 125-128mph. I was hitting most my shot right under center. I think i could get pass 130 with center hit. Carry distance was 215-225. Launch angle at 14-15. Smash factor 1.43-1.44. Spin at 2600.
Last Ping driver I had was G400.
Driver sounds great and feel powerful.
Having tough time with launch angle these days. Excited to put it in play Friday.
Ps: Head cover is the worst quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ps: Head cover is the worst quality.

Sheils said this, too. It's a hair thin, but besides that, it looks better than most and does the job just fine. It is actually a stock cover that looks decent in the bag.

Yeah I saw Ian is going to put the 9* max with 17g weight and Ventus Blue 6X to start off the season. Not that I can relate to that setup lol.

Yep, looks like more than just "Ping Fans" want it as well....

Low strike, you say? I live on the bottom of the club face unfortunately at the moment. Will need to go down the rabbit hole now 🤔

took some long looks at this while at Rams Hill...and now the videos i'm seeing are giving me hard ponders on the Max.

Back