welp...an hour and 20 minutes of pondering has birthed a budget golf purchase. in 7 days (quite possibly more knowing our fedex here), we will know what's what.

welp...an hour and 20 minutes of pondering has birthed a budget golf purchase. in 7 days (quite possibly more knowing our fedex here), we will know what's what.
What did you go with ?

What was the dispersion like when you compared the Max to the LST? Lately I play a cut mostly and wonder if with the LST it would start drifting into slice territory, vs the built in help the Max has
For me it was hardly a difference. But I‘m fortunate that I can play both a draw and fade and adjust accordingly on my takeaway When I play a fade I hit 78% of the fairways. When I hit my draw it’s travels farther but down to 52% of fairways. These days I hit my baby fade more than the draw because it helps me score better,

I didn't remember what the e-fit said (10.5 in the big minus setting) and ordered a 9 degree head 😑... Not sure how that's gonna affect me. Probably more than I am willing to admit...

G430 Fitting.....
Had my G430 fitting yesterday at MK Golf Technologies in San Antonio. Hit Max & SFT with different shafts & different locations of the moveable weights. I also hit the Paradym as well a my G425 SFT. The Paradym did work for me at all, so we concentrated on the G430. And settled on the SFT with the shaft from my G425 ( Tensei Orange 55 R).
Head Speed 89.2
Ball Speed 125.4
Launch Angle 14.8
Spin 2728
Side Angle 0.6R
Carry 201 (longest 210.8)
Total 224 (longest 238.3)
All the numbers were pretty much in line with my G425, except the G430 dispersion was much better. G430 Side Spin average was 261R, Side angle 0.6R. G425 average Side Spin 561R, Side Angle 2.2R. And my best hits were around 5 yards farther with the G430.

G430 Fitting.....
Had my G430 fitting yesterday at MK Golf Technologies in San Antonio. Hit Max & SFT with different shafts & different locations of the moveable weights. I also hit the Paradym as well a my G425 SFT. The Paradym did work for me at all, so we concentrated on the G430. And settled on the SFT with the shaft from my G425 ( Tensei Orange 55 R).
Head Speed 89.2
Ball Speed 125.4
Launch Angle 14.8
Spin 2728
Side Angle 0.6R
Carry 201 (longest 210.8)
Total 224 (longest 238.3)
All the numbers were pretty much in line with my G425, except the G430 dispersion was much better. G430 Side Spin average was 261R, Side angle 0.6R. G425 average Side Spin 561R, Side Angle 2.2R. And my best hits were around 5 yards farther with the G430.
Did you order?

I bought it. They had one in stock. I will be playing 18 with it Sunday.

First time out with 430max. 10.5* on flat setting. According to my Garmin watch and app. My drive went between 205-258yds. Average on 250yds. Hit 13/14 fairway. 205 was topped but straight. One hole I swear I hit that on toe and felt pretty crappy but it went high and draw to left side of fairway and rough 235yds. I didn’t hit everything solid but end result was better than I was expecting. Few low shot, few high but they were all pretty decent.
I still feel I can make better contact and squeeze out 5-10 more yards.
Seem pretty low spinning. I didn’t see a single one that looks heavy spinning.
Club is much heavier than my Xxio but it’s very stable and repeatable.
Sounds very solid. Not Ping like.
Great job Ping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The G430 was the winner of my driver fitting yesterday. I hit everything out and it was between the G430 and the TSR2. The G430 gave me G400 Max vibes. And the sound was SO much better than the G425.

Got my best results from the 10.5* Max in a neutral setting. Spin was a touch high, but the Max gave me better results than LST version. We tried a LOT of shafts with it. The absolute best results were with the Ventus TR Red. Very close behind was the VA Composite Slay. I ended up going with the Slay to save a little money. Once driver prices crossed the $500 threshold, I told myself that I'd wait until they were on sale 18-24 months later when the new hotness came in. But I made an exception here.

Look forward to hitting it when it arrives.

Last edited:
now that i'm about to become a G430 Max owner, i feel like there needs to be more talk about the G430 line :rolleyes::LOL:

Low strike, you say? I live on the bottom of the club face unfortunately at the moment. Will need to go down the rabbit hole now 🤔
Yes check it out. I live lower bottom as well. Went from 425 max to 430 LST, and gained at least 15 yards. Spin down almost 800 rpm. Awesome club. I have an earlier post on this thread with my numbers after 3rd fitting.

Played 18 with my new G430 SFT. Missed 3 fairways, and only 1 was a big miss. My average fairways hit is 50%.

Played 18 with my new G430 SFT. Missed 3 fairways, and only 1 was a big miss. My average fairways hit is 50%.
That's an awesome start.

Another 18 with G430 Max

Hit 12/14 fairway and distance range form 192-274yds.
Today I was really trying to swing out of my shoes. Swing fastest I possibly can. 192 was topped and didn’t get off the ground no more than 10yds. Pulls and pushes every where but dispersion was pretty awesome.
My major misses are low on club face but G430 max being shallow face definitely helping.
I never hit above equator on face but I saw couple above it. It was inspiring at least. Very very forgiving club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mine came in time to ruin valentine's day...that being said, i really like the look of it...the sharknado fins are not as bothersome as i thought they'd be. it looks good at address. i cannot wait to get this thing out on the course. i can't believe i'm this excited about a Ping.

Wish mine would show up. Think I ordered it around 3 weeks ago and the suspense is killing me. Haven't wanted to hit something this badly in a while.

mine came in time to ruin valentine's day...that being said, i really like the look of it...the sharknado fins are not as bothersome as i thought they'd be. it looks good at address. i cannot wait to get this thing out on the course. i can't believe i'm this excited about a Ping.
Mine arrives tomorrow!!! Depending on time I may have to get a few whacks in right away.

Yesterday i got mine G430 Max with Tour 2.0 black.
Today 20 balls in the Trackman.
Must say that i am not a solid hitter with the driver.
Maybe i am now with the 430. :)

Attachments

• 20230216_213450.jpg
    20230216_213450.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 42
got mine out for 11 holes today...initial impression is that i like it. appearance wise, it does not...offend me. i'm kinda indifferent to it after all the hoohaw about turbulators, fins, etc..it does sound...."pingy" to me. not irritating but not music to my ears for all the talk about how much better it sounds. surprisingly, i was hitting the middle-middle toe of the face so i have yet to "really explore the face"...i like the kaili white but i'd like to see how my current favorites (MMT60S and Diamana TB 60S) feel in it...forgiving. fairly good distance. i only say "fairly" because there were a few that i thought (and felt) were absolutely crushed but my longest drive of the day was 266 (total)...and i was further down the fairway than i have been on those drives. i need more time on the course to decide how i really feel about it but it's promising for my first Ping club. i have a video but my superb lack of camera operation only shows the clubhead and ball in the frame :rolleyes::LOL:.

I'd really hoped mine would be in today, but looks like it'll be here Monday. I have a 36 event this weekend. And you suddenly hate your old driver when a new one is one the way.

i am debating about maybe going to the small minus since this does seem to get the ball up in the air. i've never really played with adjustments but i don't want to do more than one at a time...i may move the back weight to the draw spot and see how that affects my fade (read: slice)

I didn't remember what the e-fit said (10.5 in the big minus setting) and ordered a 9 degree head 😑... Not sure how that's gonna affect me. Probably more than I am willing to admit...

Get fit to the right shaft and you'll be fine - I am slow speed (90-100 depending on training) and have a 10.5 to 9 in the 425. Should have bought the 9. Might get a shaft with a little kick - I am using a 53g in a 425.

As always, good luck.

Get fit to the right shaft and you'll be fine - I am slow speed (90-100 depending on training) and have a 10.5 to 9 in the 425. Should have bought the 9. Might get a shaft with a little kick - I am using a 53g in a 425.

As always, good luck.

thank you...I plan to look into that with a CC fitting (again) in the next few months to see about some options.

Back