Went to Club Champion for my driver fitting because I felt that my G400 Max might be due for an upgrade. Numbers were pretty good, but Greg at CC Brandon F, who is awesome, didn't like the spin #s so he got me into the 10.5 degree LST with various shafts. The Nemesys shaft and the 430 LST beat my gamer by about 12 yards, but I didn't like the feel, so we figured that knowing how the Aldila NV shaft works for me in my driver and my hybrids, that this was the way to go. I feel like I will see an added 20 yards over my gamer, so I pulled the trigger.

I tried other brands, but I guess I am just a Ping man when it comes to drivers.

I highly recommend going to CC if you have the chance, and if you are near the Brandon location, go and hit Greg up. This guy is a magician.

Last edited:
Impulse bought a Max after hitting it in the sim at PGATSS yesterday. Was able to find one with the Tour Black shaft, which was the best combo for me in the sim. Probably won't make the gamer bag until league playoffs are over, but it was pretty darn straight in the sim. On course results are king obviously but I'm excited based on what I saw last night.

I'm the old ,slow guy but enjoying my G430 LST 10.5.....just like smaller footprint and sound of stretch of the MAX head .... now I added a softer tip , higher launching shaft; MATRIX white tie but the LAGP version..... actually tempted to go down to small minus!!! 😅

Extremely stable head and deadly accurate....the fade bias has been neutralized to extent with this shaft and it seems like a great formula I've stumbled on with low spin heads/ high spin shafts .

18 on a medium tough course today, in play all day long, around with 1 ball if not for a mishit into the drink with an iron on a par 3. I found an real easy swing that gives it a nice flight and real straight for decent distance, when I do my part.

found a like new G430 LST on the bay (from CPO of all places) for $352 shipped. looks like i'll be toying with the LST after enjoying the Max earlier in the year.

I think the G430LST will be my long time gamer. It just edged the TSR3.

not an apples to apples like you with the LST vs TSR3 but it will be apples to older apples, LST vs TSI3 in my case.

Did a fitting today and tried Callaway, Titleist, Ping, and TM. Currently playing a TM M4. Ping G430 Max was best for me - as long as the Titleist but way tighter dispersion, and better feel/sound. Haven't played many Ping clubs in my time, but looking forward to this one

I never thought to take swings with the weight off. I think that will make the shaft stiffer, but give some speed. Local shop doesn’t carry weights for experimenting.

For Ping fans, i525 won a shootout today with 200, P790, Paradyne, ZX4, but was essentially tie game with my Apex19s, so I didn’t place the order…yet.

Now that leagues over I'm moving to the G430 with no net for the next few rounds. If it works out with the Tour 65 in it, I'll probably retip my Kinetixx Velocity to give it a run as well.

Got out for a quick 9. This combo requires a bit more aggressive swing than my current setup. I'm not complaining about it though. Feel like when I make a good move on the ball the Max just wants to go straight. I did have one big swipey fade on #8 that I didn't love, but I feel like that was on me. Still ended up in an ok spot. After I hit a few more drives on the holes around the clubhouse at dusk and was very happy with the results.

Distance seemed a little short of what I'm used to but it's still really early to pass judgement there. I'm still figuring out this setup. Haven't even adjusted the loft yet. Just playing it stock at 9˚. Will be bagging this driver for this weekend's round as well.

Also because I can't help myself I grabbed a couple of adapters and a Kinetixx Velocity shaft to see how that pairs with this head. Absolutely fell in love with that shaft during testing so it'll always get a shot for the bag.

Got out for some practice today before I leave for a golf trip this weekend. Results were in line with my gamer. Really about the same. Distance differences were 100% based on quality of the strike and where it landed in the fairway. I think this driver has potential for me in the current setup as my goals this offseason are to up my driver SS a little before next year. I've also got a Kinetixx Velocity on the way to try out and see if it unlocks anything extra. I will say that on the range and on the course, the misses with this were a little smaller than my gamer, but I'm just not fully comfortable with it yet. Taking it with me on my golf trip as a backup/goof off club for now, but will continue to work on it.

Joined the club. Just one round with it so far, and it's amazing how forgiving this head is. Purchased with the Alta stiff, but I have an Alta slate x-stiff that I put in it. So nice! I do wonder why they didn't offer the Alta in x-stiff this year.....

IMG_6935.JPG

Velocity is tipped and curing. Should have it gripped and ready to go before my round this Sunday. Will be interesting to get a direct head to head comparison with my gamer.

Gotta say I’m not impressed with the new PING adapter. I like the added adjustability but it almost friction locks into the head. Took some doing to get the shaft out. Hoping it’s just the one as I’m not sure I would have been able to get them separated out on the range or course.

Velocity is tipped and curing. Should have it gripped and ready to go before my round this Sunday. Will be interesting to get a direct head to head comparison with my gamer.

Gotta say I’m not impressed with the new PING adapter. I like the added adjustability but it almost friction locks into the head. Took some doing to get the shaft out. Hoping it’s just the one as I’m not sure I would have been able to get them separated out on the range or course.

Seriously.....you have to tap the grip a few times on ground to loosen......stinks

The first few times the adapter is pretty tight. Just have to tap the butt of the club on the ground to loosen.

End of the season and I may be switching back to the Max from LST. Max has been as long as LST for me, but prone to drawing when I’m not looking to draw (totally not my fault). I decided to give the max another go with the Tour Black 2.0 shaft, and as soon as I put it flat/standard, it came alive! Plan on getting it out a few rounds to confirm, but I’m really excited for the pair!

Added Fubuki V 50 to G430 LST 9 head .....adding roughly 10-20 of carry on similar good strikes with this being the BEST!! View attachment 9208441View attachment 9208442

So this newish combo......first tournament round and went off with only a few minor hitches.....the positives however outweigh all other factors as now I have a good looking and sounding machine that's more forgiving than my paradym triple diamond or TSR2 with better launch conditions...... I feel as though these 3 drivers are all awesome especially with proper shaft but G430 LST just eeks past on the overall spectrum .

Just ok for my round yesterday but I didn't have by best swing with me, so still on the fence with this one. Definitely a way different feel than my Callaway but nothing I saw was the driver's fault.

I got a 55g 6.0 S EvenFlow tipped Ping, that had been in my Epic Flash. Got it done a couple weeks ago, but never got a chance to range session until today. It’s about 3/4“ shorter than the stock CB55g R, not sure if that’s the only factor, but I was putting some strong consistent moves on it with the EF. I think the Alta is a bit of a soft noodle, I’m much wilder with it, and don’t seem to be giving up distance going to S, to the contrary. Can’t wait to get it out on the course.

I bought a Tensei Pro Orange 60tx, had it tipped and have played two rounds with it. Its definitely lowered the flight vs the Alta X flex, and its so so stable. It just might stop me from tinkering......

i ended up taking the 430 lst on my last round of the year over the tsr4 and probably had my best driving round in a long time. If i end up going anywhere over winter to golf it will be in my bag for sure

Back