So this newish combo......first tournament round and went off with only a few minor hitches.....the positives however outweigh all other factors as now I have a good looking and sounding machine that's more forgiving than my paradym triple diamond or TSR2 with better launch conditions...... I feel as though these 3 drivers are all awesome especially with proper shaft but G430 LST just eeks past on the overall spectrum .

Another tournament round on an unfamiliar track .....few poor swings but the good is GREAT !!! Getting more confident with each passing round

Loved the G430 LST and while I moved on and am playing a different driver if I ever wanted to and would go to s forgiving driver that would be it.

Such a vast improvement from the G425.

So this newish combo......first tournament round and went off with only a few minor hitches.....the positives however outweigh all other factors as now I have a good looking and sounding machine that's more forgiving than my paradym triple diamond or TSR2 with better launch conditions...... I feel as though these 3 drivers are all awesome especially with proper shaft but G430 LST just eeks past on the overall spectrum .
I could have said the same….

Sold LST kept the Max

Hosel just sits weird on LST

Went back to the lst for my last round of the year. Probably not be of my best off the tee this year. Pretty sure this one will be in the bag come spring. Sound and feel are great and it is super forgiving and not super low spin for me

Shot my best round in many years (81) using the new shaft in my Max. Stiff is generally too much for me, but has worked well for a few years in driver. I hit 8/14 and of the 6 most of the rest were decent. There was a howling wind and I overcut a couple on the wind. I hit a couple way out on the toe, they gear to center on a nice soft draw.

Played yesterday a newly opened Gil Hanse design public access track in West Palm Beach called THE PARK.....
Phenomenal design concept....very links like feel with proper bunkering and firm-ish fairways.....
G430 LST was finally unleashed!!! Accurate and LONG ....the guys noticed my distance and confidence also .
Monday is next round

I tried a number of drivers this season and the LST was the one that really supported my toe side miss. Ping really designed a great driver there...

Supposedly, there is an additional model coming out at the beginning of 2024. So might be worth waiting for this one, if you’re thinking about getting a 430.

Supposedly, there is an additional model coming out at the beginning of 2024. So might be worth waiting for this one, if you’re thinking about getting a 430.

Or....... hear me out...... or........

You buy one now and next year....

Post Something GIF

Holy crap! When I think I can't love this driver anymore, it gives me a day like today.

It was like a fricken metronome. First 3 holes. So good to just step on the tee and hammer it. Hit it into a pot bunker I thought was out of play on #1. Though I hit the worst second shot with a gap wedge you can imagine on #2. Ugh.

One bad swing with it all day. And that was 100% me alligator arming it on 16. (still saved par)

Attachments

• IMG_2692.png
    IMG_2692.png
    287.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2693.png
    IMG_2693.png
    292.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2694.png
    IMG_2694.png
    300.2 KB · Views: 11
1698066807105.png
Is the Trademark. Think 430 Max but with a fixed weight. Going for max MOI, hence the 10k in the name

Still gaming a G410 SFT, with no plans, at this time, to replace it. Played with a gent that was playing G430 LST, and he was putting them right down the middle all day, and long too. Sounded good to me! I might go demo one this winter, and also looking at a 3-wood to replace the old Diablo Octane I use. Also looking at Cobra Aerojet, along with Ping. The $500-600 a club range is getting a bit heavy on the wallet though! Might buy used on the 3-wood, go from there...

I tried a number of drivers this season and the LST was the one that really supported my toe side miss. Ping really designed a great driver there...
This is the reason why the LST has been in my bag the whole year. I keep toying with the TSR3 because on most hits the TSR3 is longer and just as accurate. HOWEVER my miss is 99% on the toe side and the LST just performs so much better on the toe than the the TSR3.

This is the reason why the LST has been in my bag the whole year. I keep toying with the TSR3 because on most hits the TSR3 is longer and just as accurate. HOWEVER my miss is 99% on the toe side and the LST just performs so much better on the toe than the the TSR3.

And yet when you look at the Coolclubs comparison.....it seems the opposite.....yet I have def not seen the TSR3 being more forgiving toe side. It makes me question the Coolclubs ratings to be honest, as they were not really close in my experience (favor to the LST).
EDIT: Their "rating" perhaps is more based off speed than off forgiveness.....? Perhaps that's the issue here. In other words, TSR3 is a beast of speed off the toe.....it may just dive into the left trees..... I keed.... I keed....

1698341846939.png
1698341906967.png

Last edited:
And yet when you look at the Coolclubs comparison.....it seems the opposite.....yet I have def not seen the TSR3 being more forgiving toe side. It makes me question the Coolclubs ratings to be honest, as they were not really close in my experience (favor to the LST).
EDIT: Their "rating" perhaps is more based off speed than off forgiveness.....? Perhaps that's the issue here. In other words, TSR3 is a beast of speed off the toe.....it may just dive into the left trees..... I keed.... I keed....

View attachment 9216651
View attachment 9216652
Good point. A snap hook off the toe is going to have a higher ball speed than a club that retains some spin off the toe and keeps you in play

Turns out tomorrow will be a 2 round day, in wind and cold, the 2nd of which will most likely be hitly contested and a bit pricey to lose.

I guess I showed where my faith really lies when I just caught myself pulling my Titleist driver and putting the G430 in. It might not be as pretty as the Titleist, and it may not feel as nice. It might not even be as long as the Titleist on a good strike. But it is just sooo consistent with any hit, I would be silly to leave it at home with $$$$ on the table.

Turns out tomorrow will be a 2 round day, in wind and cold, the 2nd of which will most likely be hitly contested and a bit pricey to lose.

I guess I showed where my faith really lies when I just caught myself pulling my Titleist driver and putting the G430 in. It might not be as pretty as the Titleist, and it may not feel as nice. It might not even be as long as the Titleist on a good strike. But it is just sooo consistent with any hit, I would be silly to leave it at home with $$$$ on the table.

I feel the same about the 430LST I have another driver I put in the bag. But if I was playing for money or tourney the Ping would be in the bag

I like mine. The last time I was fitted for a driver was seven years ago.

Just saw pictures of the G430 10k...I really don't want to think about a new driver, but I need to hit it.

Where did you see pics?

Back