Golfers Anonymous

Just Decent
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Purchased the Ping Hoofer 21' bag from Budget Golf and it arrived today so decided to post my thoughts, as well as Pings listed features.

Per Ping:
5-Way Top Divider
5.5 lbs.
22 Litres Pocket Volume
11 Pockets
Convertible Strap (Backpack or Single Strap)
Available Colors - Black, MultiCam, Black/Scarlet, Heathered Grey/White, Royal/White, Emerald/White, Silver/Scarlet/Navy

tempImage1vdBY5.jpg
My favorite features on the new bag are the magnetic pockets for easy access to those areas of the bag for the most used parts during the round. The bag has two valuables pockets with one being lined and the other being made of a water resistant material to keep any needed objects dry or protected from any scratches during the round. The bag comes with the versatility to be either carried, pushed, or strapped to the back of cart with the cart strap access points on the bag that allows you to still have access to the pockets when secured in. The bag comes with the typical rain hood used as a bonus pad while carrying, and in this case is secured to the bag with a strap to avoid the possibility of a misplaced hood. The bag has three handles to maneuver and situate it for transport or storage, along with the carry strap that is designed to function over both shoulders as well as a single strap over a single shoulder without completely disassembling the straps. tempImageBi7IeV.jpgtempImagecZogaa.jpgtempImage5qYH3i.jpgtempImageQAkW7i.jpgtempImageF3bYec.jpgtempImagerCRpjW.jpgtempImageR4Qcxu.jpg

Do you use a push cart at all? Over been looking at these lately but I'm curious how it sits in one.

That’s a nice bag! I remember as a kid this was the bag to have no matter what kind of clubs you played.

Love me some magnetic pockets!
Looks insanely good.

I like the big patch of velcro...I have a decent patch collection. Would be cool to display one or two on there. (y)

Do you use a push cart at all? Over been looking at these lately but I'm curious how it sits in one.
Yes, I have a :clicgear: 3.5 and it will "work", but I'm looking into the adapters for the :clicgear: to accept the bag easier.

Last edited:
Reactions: KEV
Nice bag! I am more of a Push Cart Mafia cart bag guy now......
I pushed majority of last season, hoping to both carry and push most of this year when possible.

Good info to have. I'm in the market for a new bag. I prefer the 14 way dividers and I am considering the 14 Hoofer. I always see these bag highly rated.

Good info to have. I'm in the market for a new bag. I prefer the 14 way dividers and I am considering the 14 Hoofer. I always see these bag highly rated.
They have a few more color options available in the 14 but I’ve never quite liked the layout.

That’s awesome. Beat carry bags out there, but, I’m biased as a HS coach.

Update: Went to the range (tried to but packed) and used the Hoofer. Was happy with the bag as it was easy to haul to the range as well as use while there (chipping/putting). This bag seams more refined than previous versions of this bag, I can’t say enough how pleased I am with the magnetic pockets makes ease of accessing the range finder, tees, and ball. Overall the bag looks just slightly smaller than the previous generation I owned but doesn’t perform that way and has enough pockets and space to function as needed. The best way of describing this is as a more streamlined and ease of use product. The bag also sets up straighter with the opening higher in the air so you’re not struggling trying to pull out or insert clubs.

I love my Hoofer that's a couple years old. I've had a 14 way I've been eyeing on Budget Golf, but not sure I need it right now. Might be best to wait another year or two. Great bag though. Lots pockets and it does everything I need.

I love Ping bags but I find 5.5 pounds to be a bit heavy for me to carry now that I am old and feeble. That is a sweet looking bag though lots of well thought out features and I find Ping’s durability to be outstanding.

Nice. I have a '20 Hoofer. Love it. Clubs can tangle a bit a times, but that is trivial. The overall function is fantastic.

I use mine maybe 60% push cart and the rest carry. A pound or two makes no difference to me carrying. On my SM micro cart I did have to add some little spacers to get the back to sit better.

Nice. I have a '20 Hoofer. Love it. Clubs can tangle a bit a times, but that is trivial. The overall function is fantastic.

I use mine maybe 60% push cart and the rest carry. A pound or two makes no difference to me carrying. On my SM micro cart I did have to add some little spacers to get the back to sit better.
This is my only concern I’m going to have to modify my push cart as I was looking to do 50% push - 40% carry - and 10% cart when it’s not feasible.

Yep....Just revisited this thread and was going to get a Vessel, but I have been gravitating to this bag so I can display my Navy patches. I was going to go with a 14 way, but I think this bag will be perfect. It will be my next bag, which will be purchased in the next month. That being said, I wish we could apply the THP coupon to it, but it says this product can't be discounted.

Back