Ping hoofer vs titleist players 4 carry bag help

lopsta5

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi people, long time no see.

Ive been looking at a new carry bag and these 2 are what ive come up with. Was just wondering peoples opinion on either one, who has used them?
Im leaning towards the ping one even though i dont have a single ping club, but i do have titleist.
Ive watched youtube reviews and stuff and the ping hoofer bags seam to get good reviews.
Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

If you like clubs sticking a bit, the Hoofer is okay - it's a little heavier than I like - I enjoying keeping things at around 4lbs. +/- a few grams.;)

Looked at Vessel? Best strap system for a carry and they have liteweight bags - they stick a little because their stand system is like Ping. But if you like black for Titleist Clubs - the VLS DXR and its weather proof with some great materials

I think they offer 10% off. Nice bag if you carry. If you don't carry or don't mind 5 lbs, they have the Players III Bag

I had no idea what vessel bags were. So just did a google search, we cant get them in NZ but can get from Aussie but for just over $1000 thats a big no thanks from me haha.

I have the hoofer and like it. The clubs do stick a bit but it's not too bad. Lots of pockets, pretty light, straps are good. Best endorsement I can give it is that I'd buy it again.

Well I ended up getting the ping hoofer 2021.
Lots of review reading and it comes out with high praises.
The club sticking issue is not great, I can see myself getting annoyed, which is disappointing as it's an awesome bag.
In torn now between returning it or just trying to live with it.
The clubs seem to tangle in the liner once the stand is engaged.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

The club sticking issue is not great, I can see myself getting annoyed, which is disappointing as it's an awesome bag.

You will like this bag a lot for carrying. I have the same bag and yes the clubs do stick and I eventually got over it for the most part. I will say this is by far the best bag I have ever carried. I walked 9 holes for the first time about a week ago and I normally use a cart, but didn't have it since I was on travel for the Navy. That being said, I felt like I could have walked 18 more after that 9 carrying the bag with no issues. I had a 14 way carry Ogio bag prior to it and although I do miss the 14 way a little, I never carried it bc it was so heavy, but the Ping hoofer is such a good bag.

I think it depends more on brand preference and color choices, I'm a Ping-prostitute so I got the hoofer lite black and white with the Mr. Ping accents:

1648041215084.png

If you like clubs sticking a bit, the Hoofer is okay - it's a little heavier than I like - I enjoying keeping things at around 4lbs. +/- a few grams.;)

Looked at Vessel? Best strap system for a carry and they have liteweight bags - they stick a little because their stand system is like Ping. But if you like black for Titleist Clubs - the VLS DXR and its weather proof with some great materials

I think they offer 10% off. Nice bag if you carry. If you don't carry or don't mind 5 lbs, they have the Players III Bag

If they have a black Friday sale that brings these under $300 I might consider it...other than that, I can get other decent carry bags for $200-$250.

I know people who swear by the Ping Hoofer bags, can't go wrong there

If they have a black Friday sale that brings these under $300 I might consider it...other than that, I can get other decent carry bags for $200-$250.

Yes, I know. I also own 3 SM Bags from earlier purchases. 3.5, 4.5, H2NO. But one Vessel does what all of those 3 do.;)

Yes, I know. I also own 3 SM Bags from earlier purchases. 3.5, 4.5, H2NO. But one Vessel does what all of those 3 do.;)
I do like their bags for sure, just personally I can't quite get there on the nearly $400 golf bag. And I haven't had the "need" for multiple at this point...if I get to that point it might be worthwhile to look into this one as a "do it all" bag instead of 2-3 others for specific needs

I find Ping Bags disappointing because they are too heavy for what they should be and their sticking issue is worse than similar bags. See my post on Vessel VLS DXR above. Good bag for walking, not a lot of storage - 4 lb. The DXR is great material and has water resistance, great strap system.

Limiting to these two may be the problem. Ogio and Sun Mountain make great carry bags also. I love my ogio.

Hi people, long time no see.

Ive been looking at a new carry bag and these 2 are what ive come up with. Was just wondering peoples opinion on either one, who has used them?
Im leaning towards the ping one even though i dont have a single ping club, but i do have titleist.
Ive watched youtube reviews and stuff and the ping hoofer bags seam to get good reviews.
Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

I walk 90% of my rounds and just recently started using a push cart which has been a god send. However, I've carried a lot with both bags. Both have pro's and cons. Here's my simple assessment. Carrying comfort and stand functionality are hoofer for clear winner. I have a lot of titleist clubs and prefer the looks, pocket styles, and club pocket size. My players 4 never sticks with 14 clubs. My girlfriends hoofer does quite often. I'd say neither is perfect so it really depends what you prefer.

For me, I can’t have a bag that doesn’t have any of those clubs in it so that would decide for me. For quality, I don’t know anyone that hasn’t been happy with their hoofer bag. Of all the bags I’ve ever used (no Ping bags), Titleist has always been the best designed and most well made. I don’t think you can go wrong with either.

For me, I can’t have a bag that doesn’t have any of those clubs in it so that would decide for me. For quality, I don’t know anyone that hasn’t been happy with their hoofer bag. Of all the bags I’ve ever used (no Ping bags), Titleist has always been the best designed and most well made. I don’t think you can go wrong with either.

Ping bags in the past had leg issues in terms of them going back in beside the sticking issues. For me, the material seems dated and heavy although they have some good ideas in the bag.

And this is from a guy who plays Ping driver, woods, irons, wedges. lol.;)

The ping does feel super comfy with that extra rain hood padding and nice thick straps.
Does the club grabbing get any better over time?
Maybe just pulling the club out while the bag is standing before leaning it over might help.

The ping does feel super comfy with that extra rain hood padding and nice thick straps.
Does the club grabbing get any better over time?
Maybe just pulling the club out while the bag is standing before leaning it over might help.

When they stick, just hold up the bag so it stands and hopefully, the shafts plop down.

From what I've read and heard, the hoofer is the gold standard in carry bags. With the way the bottom of the bag is built/hinged it is probably the most stable base. Come to think of it, the Titleist base is of similar design IIRC. I had the Titleist for half a season before the one leg quit working and I returned it for credit. It has a decent weight, had a decent pocket layout and I liked the classic black/white/red scheme. I believe I had actually bought the previous year's hoofer in similar scheme but after reading what the weight of the bag was I returned it. Note that I didn't make my decision on how the bag felt, but merely on the number posted on the tag.
I think one of the concessions any golfer has to make when going lightweight is the diameter of the top. I found the Titleist a bit sticky even with only a dozen clubs inside; it worked best if I removed/replaced the club with the bag upright before kicking out the legs. I wound up going to a Vessel for the best strap system in the game, and initially I was very concerned about the small top and sticking but am happy to report after a full season it's very usable.
My verdict? I don't think you can go wrong with either bag. So now it comes down to color scheme and/or price.

Back