NEWS PING Introduces G710 Iron with Arccos

Had a chance to hit these yesterday.
The finish turned out really nice. You rub your finger over it and it had a nice smooth feel. Very satin looking.

For me I am simply struggling with spin these days. With a 7i I had some carries at 150 which matches the longest 7i I ever hit (G700), but was only producing around 3700-3800 spin and 37/38 descent angles. Then again it was with a shaft that was low/mid launch, so perhaps a different shaft would optimize my numbers.

Sound is definitely improved over the G700. This had more of a standard iron sound than the loud clicky sound of many modern irons.

I think many will like these. If you are looking for help and don't mind a little thickness as well as offset these should be on the list to try.

I saw these yesterday at the golf store and they are really well done. They look great in hand. I could see these being pretty popular.

Those look absolutely lovely. I've always loved the look of most Ping irons, but the darker finish really does it for me. Good job Ping (y)

Hit these at the range last week...Great feel with the Alta stock graphite shaft. Would love to hit with the Recoil and see a entire set.
Definitely has my interest!

I've been a sucker for the dark iron look since the old gunmetal Cleveland TA5s. These look really good in person. I'm not in the market for new irons, but I can see where a lot of people will love the looks of these...

I hit these the other day and although I really liked the looks, they just felt off to me. To me at least the 700 sounded better and the g410 has the best sound and feel, to me again. They weren't the ones I selected mainly because of the sound and the hard feeling when hit. I also noticed that the club was showing a little wear (black scratches) on the face and sole. I'm still rocking my 400 MAX driver, but just passed on the irons.

I hit these the other day and although I really liked the looks, they just felt off to me. To me at least the 700 sounded better and the g410 has the best sound and feel, to me again. They weren't the ones I selected mainly because of the sound and the hard feeling when hit. I also noticed that the club was showing a little wear (black scratches) on the face and sole. I'm still rocking my 400 MAX driver, but just passed on the irons.

For 1.5 years I enjoyed by G700 iron set, very fun to play. But, I sold the set and resumed playing my traditional size/average distance irons.

For 1.5 years I enjoyed by G700 iron set, very fun to play. But, I sold the set and resumed playing my traditional size/average distance irons.
I understand what you're saying. The 710 irons looks long in length to me, maybe it's the black color, but they just looked long. The lofts weren't too bad(won't go there), but just the over feel, and looks just didn't excite me.

These look phenomenal. Only thing to see is how it wears over time. I love a good wear pattern on a black finish as long as it sticks to the hitting area. If it scratches easily around it for no real reason that can be a turn off for me.

I actually liked the shape/size of the G700 head design. The long head-to-toe length combined with a relatively thin topline and relatively shallow top-to-bottom height I think made the G700 unique among the other irons within the GI and SGI categories. And the impact sound was fine, especially good from well struck contact shots.
The only thing I did not like about the G700 was that the distance was so tremendous it was a challenge to achieve precise carry distance shot control.

Today is release day so hoping my pre-order has shipped!

Was able to pick up my pre order set this morning. 7-GW Red dot +.25” Recoil Smacwrap 780 F4. I was hitting the 7i 150-160 on trackman. Im happy! Cant wait to get on the course!
6fba30a94524cb46cabbad9d6dfa7e84.jpg

Callaway Rogue Atmos red 6s shaft
Callaway Rogue 5w Even Flow blue 75 reg flex shaft
Ping G400 7 wood Tensei orange 50g reg flex shaft
Ping G410 2 hybrid UST Recoil F3 shaft
Ping G400 4 Crossover Alta CB Reg flex shaft
Ping G700 Red dot 5-UW Recoil Smacwrap 780 F3 shafts
Ping G700 Red dot GW,SW Recoil Smacwrap 780 F3 shafts
Ping Glide 2.0 Red dot 58* LW Steelfiber i95 reg flex shaft
Odyssey Works Versa 7H CS Putter

I've been a sucker for the dark iron look since the old gunmetal Cleveland TA5s. These look really good in person. I'm not in the market for new irons, but I can see where a lot of people will love the looks of these...

Same here. I loved that set. I liked the looks of the black Apex's, but not enough to buy them.

These have definitely piqued my interest. Just a little to costly for me and not really in the market for irons.

I pre-ordered with new Distanza shafts and was told Ping does not have them yet. Supposed to arrive next week, ship early March. Seinfeld: They know how to take a pre-order just do not know how to fill a pre-order :cool:

I pre-ordered with new Distanza shafts and was told Ping does not have them yet. Supposed to arrive next week, ship early March. Seinfeld: They know how to take a pre-order just do not know how to fill a pre-order :cool:
Keep us posted when you get them and are able to get a few rounds in. I have been looking on here for a few reviews but it seems to be few and far between.

Held it in my hand - lots of tech, far too much offset for me. But a great option for many.

And for a company that keeps its prices up and requires online retailers to charge for shipping when none of their online products have shipping charges, the Arcoss as a freebie is a surprise. But it contributes to assisting the golfer.

They sure keep a level playing field when it comes to retailers.

Here's a review that I was looking at. Not sure of the "rules" for posting from a retailer, so please delete if not allowed.

Ping G710 Irons

I got fitted for G700's before these came out. Got a good deal on them through Ping. Will see how these go before considering G710's.

What made you choose the distanza shaft? Did you hit the recoils?

Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo 10.5 Draw Miyazaki C.kua 50 shaft
Callaway Epic Flash 5w Even Flow green 65 reg flex shaft
Ping G410 2,4-6 hybrid UST Recoil F3 shaft
Ping G710 Red dot 7-UW Recoil Smacwrap 780 F4shafts + .25”
Ping G700 Red dot GW,SW Recoil Smacwrap 780 F3 shafts
Ping Glide 3.0 Red dot 54 & 60 wedges Recoil Smacwrap 780 f4 shafts
Odyssey Works Versa 7H CS Putter

Back