NEWS Ping Signs Bubba Watson to Lifetime Contract

Wondering if they proposed lifetime because Bubba may have been looking to switch brands?

Since I've gotten back into golf I've googled many names along with WITB but never his. The only reason I've recognized him is he is a lefty.

So you're saying Bubba Watson is to golf and Ping what Bobby Bonilla is to baseball and the Mets?

My thought exactly!

I beleive that Bubba pays dividend at Corporate Event and also to non-golfers.

Imagine you no little about golf & Bubba cracks a banana bomb driver down the middle(ish)
Wouldn't you as non-golfer be a bit wow'd? At least on the 1st one?

I think Bubba is probably way better no on camera and people like him more in those kind of settings.

On TV, he can be a bit much at times.

I have to admit, that I saw him in person, at the WGC Bridgestone at Akron Firestone hit some incredible shots. On one par 4, a 470+yard dogleg right, level then down a hill, there is a stand of giant, old oaks on the inside corner of the dogleg. Bubba just crushed a drive up over the tops of trees that had to be 80-90 feet tall, with no fear at all! He seemed unhappy with the drive. He had about a 100 yard flip wedge to the green!
Does Bubba move clubs at all? Most of us amateur golfers are dying to stop hitting that huge slice he plays.

Unless you can hit it the way Bubba does!

Bubba had his wife call the ping reps posing as a rep for another company and ask for his spec sheets for his most recent fitting.;)

financial security for him now -- guess we won't be seeing him on Jeopardy after all

I’m liking this for both Ping and Bubba. Bubba’s always been one of those slightly off of center people, but a captivating personality to follow on tour. With his flair and creativity, he’ll be a great spokesperson for Ping (which is about as traditional and non-flair like OEM that exists).

They definitely complement each other

A manufacturer standing by its player and a player committed to the manufacturer. What's not to like?

I like Bubba but not necessarily a "fan" due to some of his outbursts. Still, I find this to be pretty darned cool.

Back