Playing Virtual Golf beyond CV19

obedt

Reaction score
Handicap
Creciendo
With SkyTrak, Optishot becoming afforadable options, as well as preowned GC2 units becoming more available, and now the Mevo+ in that same price range as SkyTrak the virtual golf environment has already been growing. With the current pandemic, unit demands have been increased. The idea of the thread is actually playing golf on sim software beyond practicing.

A few questions, have you guys tried actually playing sim golf beyond your offseason? Is it something that has your attention more?

For me, given how much time I'm spending at work, how tough it's been to get out for the last 9 or so months, it's something I'm seriously considering. I have an older R-motion sensor that comes with 5 courses and is a cheap way to get into it, but have been considering moving to something more realistic.

I like my setup and the fact I can "play" a round at night, but it's not the same thing as getting outside.

That said, it can get expensive really, really quickly and because of that expense I'm trying to use it a lot.

Only problem I have with virtual golf is that it's completely unrealistic haha. Putting is just atrocious. 4ft putt? Yeah, you need to hit it 14ft since it won't pick up anything until it hits the screen. :cautious:

I mean it is better than nothing I suppose? But I think I'd rather just see if a driving range is open and go to the far corner away from everyone else.

It won’t replace any rounds during the season. I don’t have any ranges right in my backyard, so I could see myself taking some range swings on the SkyTrak and then playing a quick round, but I’d rather be out on the course.

Our outdoor season is so short, I doubt I'd get into playing virtually unless I had it in my home.

I'm really thankful that there are a handful of places nearby that have trackman setups though. It's a blast, and there's more socializing with virtual golf than on the course (since you're not moving around on opposites sides of the fairway).

Back