Playstation Vue is going away

tomcat

2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
Just saw that Sony is pulling the plug on Vue in January. They evidently couldn’t find anyone to take it over so they’re shutting it down.

Well, the search resumes for a streaming service with locals like Vue had.

We used Vue when it first came out and was happy with the service. The prices got higher and we pulled the plug earlier this year.

I almost when that way then I jump ship form DirectTV.....I have been using their streaming version ever since. now called AT&T NOW. I really can't complain.

Just saw that Sony is pulling the plug on Vue in January. They evidently couldn’t find anyone to take it over so they’re shutting it down.

Well, the search resumes for a streaming service with locals like Vue had.
I don't know what locals Vue had for you, but YouTubeTV has had all of my locals since day one. And I like the service about a million times more than PSVue.

Just received the email from them. I'm a little ticked because I really liked their service after switching from Direct TV last year. At least I have a couple of months to decide on a new one.

Looks like I'll be switching soon

I’m glad I switched to Youtube TV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am in the same boat. I love PSVue and haven’t had much complaint with it. Really disappointed to have it go away.
Hulu seems to have a pretty good option. Sounds like I need to look at Youtube TV too. I like local channels, Discovery, Golf channel and some sports

I think I'm going to go with a replacement option of YTTV and Philo, which will run $70 plus tax per month...versus $55 for PSVue. This is going to give me a wider range of channels (hello Comedy Central my old friend!!) and gives me everything else PSVue provided.

Overall, this is still cheaper than the cable package I had earlier in the year...but my interest in cutting the cord wasn't about the price, it was more about getting away from a contract and having options. My neighborhood was exclusive to Frontier...and their Customer Service is a dumpster fire.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Crap.

I have been using DirecTV Now, now AT&Ttv or something like that. They jacked up my prices again. We have a grandfathered package with channels you can't get anymore. Started out paying $60 with HBO. Now, we will be at $85 a month. Assuming they would start dropping channels too. I was ready to jump ship to PS Vue. They have been getting great reviews. It's a shame they are going to be out of the game now. I think we are going to see that streaming services aren't going to really be a cheaper alternative unless you really scale back your channels. Doing some shopping around, it seems like we won't really save much money moving to another service.

Dropped Spectrum Cable and went with YouTube TV and no regrets.

I think we are going to see that streaming services aren't going to really be a cheaper alternative unless you really scale back your channels. Doing some shopping around, it seems like we won't really save much money moving to another service.

I think we'd save some money by switching from DirecTV to Hulu Live TV, but we'd definitely be losing out on a ton of channels. Eventually it might be worth it for us though because DirecTV makes us pay for a ton of channels we never watch just to get into a package that has one or two that we actually want.

@tomcat - I've never used it, but Hulu Live TV does look like a pretty good option if you're looking for something with locals.

I'll be looking to replace PS Vue with AT&T Now or one of the other. I like the fact that AT&T lets me use the service in different geographic locations without paying for a 2nd account. We will spend about 50 days at our FL condo over the next 5 months and I'd prefer not to sign up up for a separate streaming service.

PS Vue wasn’t bad, I tried that when I was looking to switch from dish network. I ended up with xfinity since I already had them for internet and they bumped me from 75mb to now 200mb with all the channels I want for about 200/month. The internet would be about $80-100 and I already pay for Netflix and prime. At some point someone will bundle it all again and we’ll start the cycle from the beginning. I’d like Disney and some of the others but that would put me at what? $300+ a month again? Vue was close and cheaper for the channels I wanted but with all of the new streaming services coming in I wouldn’t save anything.

Back