I'm one that isn't going to spend a bunch on a knife, I gotta keep it under $100, and usually well under. I've got a couple of US made Kershaws that I was able to get within my budget, but mostly have to get the nicer budget friendly imports. I agree about Civivi, one of the brands that have nice knives that fit my budget, and I really like this Civivi Altus button lock that I picked up a while back:

View attachment 9183620
That's pretty slick looking. Be nice if it was available in auto.

I have a decent amount I carry regularly.

Benchmade Mini-Griptillian
Spyderco Dragonfly Salt 1
Spyderco Dragonfly Damascus (This is my favorite knife)
Spyderco Jester
Swiss Army Tinker

I have a nice collection of knives as well and just added a Microtech Dirac to the stash. I also have a UTX-70 and while it's nice, I like the Dirac more so I'll probably sell it.

Last edited:
1685819966874.png
My little buck is always in my pocket! I have to keep it under 2 inches for work or I would carry my CRKT.

I got this knife in a tackle shop in Belaire MI back in 1977 at the ripe old age of 18. It served as my every day carry knife for over 25 years, till they came out with knives that were easy to open with one hand, and I put it into retirement. I also didn't want to kill it with a whetstone.
A very well used Case 111 1/2, it has some stories it could tell. We have had many an adventure together. It is now relegated to living at the cottage, but I find myself carrying it every time I am here. Like seeing an old friend.
20230806_050104.jpg20230806_050054.jpg

Kershaw. Not sure of the model tho.

A skeleton knife my son gave me.

My current everyday carry knife is a Boker Urban Trapper with a damascus blade and cocobolo scales. Very light with a titanium frame, liner lock and clip. Flipper tab works well. It is good looking and less likely to scare someone when you pull it out of your pocket to use it.

When fishing or hunting I carry something a bit stouter like the Guardian Tactical Recon 035 OTF auto.

Have always carried a pocket knife since I was a kid. I have many knives but don’t consider myself a collector although my wife might disagree. Most of the knives get used except for a couple of real special ones.

I've been wanting a nice Titanium Framelock, maybe with some Carbon Fiber or Micarta inserts, but as I've said before, I try to keep to my budget of under $100 for knives, and most of these types that I like are way more money than that. I finally found something to scratch that itch though, just got this TwoSun TS211 for well within my budget. Nice flipper, on ceramic bearings, 3.7" blade with stonewash finish. It's a little bigger than what I normally carry, but it's not huge, and the weight isn't bad for a knife this size.

TS211_01r.jpg
TS211_02r.jpg

I have a kershaw chive that is perfect for what I wanted it for.

i havent added to my rotation in awhile. I need to add a Benchmade or Cold Steel.

A little Buck folder with a thumb stud and lock back. I am left handed, so liner locks are a pain in the butt and make me nervous. Got the Buck for like $23.00 a few years ago.

I trust anything mikeg does, so I ordered one of these to check out lol.
you'll love it. I have a back up in case I lose the one i have. It's the perfect size for everyday use imo.

Current collection minus the Microtech Bounty Hunter I can’t legally carry.
IMG_4782.jpeg

Damnit THP. I didn't need another collecting hobby.

Damnit THP. I didn't need another collecting hobby.
My favorite hobby is apparently collecting "collecting hobbies". Records, sneakers, guitars, knives, fountain pens, watches, Funkos, LEGOs, hell even putters.

My favorite hobby is apparently collecting "collecting hobbies". Records, sneakers, guitars, knives, fountain pens, watches, Funkos, LEGOs, hell even putters.
Yea same. I blame Covid. Keyboards, Zippos, putters, and now apparently pocket knives.

My Kershaw Launch 3 has seen better days, could time for something to replace it...

Do tell.

Back