Poll: Standard Putter Grip

Standard Putter Grip

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

johnptaylor

Reaction score
Handicap
Standard Grip being that the left hand is near the butt of the grip...

I know I am probably one of very few but I tend to mix it up like every round (just whatever feels better on the practice green) for as long as I can remember. Probably not ideal but just wanted to if people had a preference.

Standard, left hand high, right on top of left.

I tried left hand low once for 9 holes

I grip my putter like I grip all my clubs - interlocking, right hand low

Same as for every other club in the bag . And same as my bat grip for cricket

Left hand low, right index finger overlaps left little finger.

I can’t imagine changing my grip every round. I’ve tried them all and nothing feels right to me except standard and no overlap

Left hand low, interlocking. Been putting crosshand so long I can't remember when I started. Has to be more than 40 years.

Standard, no overlap.

These days I switch into multiple combinations during one round, having a few challenges 🤔.

I grip my putter like I grip all my clubs - interlocking, right hand low

My putting grip is quite different from the grip I put on all my other clubs. I suspect its that way for all the pros too…. Perhaps something to ponder..?

This thread needs to define what “overlap” means….

Does anyone actually “overlap” their lower hand (“std grip”)? Most pros using a “std” putting grip overlap their left hand index finger over the right hand fingers.

Putting is the best part of my game, pretty much always has. If it ain't broke, don't fix it :cool:

Putting is the best part of my game, pretty much always has. If it ain't broke, don't fix it :cool:

Maybe you’d reach Legendary status with a change though!!!

Just messin….

Right hand low. Often with a finger pointing down the shaft these days!

Fiddled with left hand low on the putting green a few times but it just feels so uncomfortable

This thread needs to define what “overlap” means….

Does anyone actually “overlap” their lower hand (“std grip”)? Most pros using a “std” putting grip overlap their left hand index finger over the right hand fingers.

Overlapping pointer finger and middle finger

Back