Practice time while taking lessons

Pops

Formerly Bbutler
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
How much time daily or weekly can you devote to practice what you’re working on in lessons?Do you try daily work or a few days a week?

I feel like 2 - 3 times a week makes lessons worth it.

And ideally some drills that you can do at home, and not have to get to a location to hit balls.

Copied here as well:

Most of my progress focus right now is mirror stuff where I don't need to simulate or hit balls.

Have a weekly one hour practice session at GT when in town and do about that every day now at home. Just not much work hitting. That will change as progression is made with more hitting less breaking mirrors ;)

How much time daily or weekly can you devote to practice what you’re working on in lessons?Do you try daily work or a few days a week?
I try to get down to the basement and do some of the drills i've been given 2-3 days a week, even if it is just 10-15 minutes. Will do more if time and the body allows.

I feel like 2 - 3 times a week makes lessons worth it.

And ideally some drills that you can do at home, and not have to get to a location to hit balls.
My advantage is range is maybe 5 minute or less ride from house via golf cart. That might be the best thing about our move a little over a year ago to go along with club membership

The practice time between lessons is absolutely critical. Back when I was working on swing changes I would try to practice daily. Of course, my skill level is low and I need to work a lot to approximate a competent game, but the point remains - we have to do the work between lessons otherwise it is a waste.

Unfortunately with my schedule, I can only do one day a week, so I marathon it on Sundays.

When I take a lesson I try to get at least 2 practice sessions in working on those specifics within a few days.

Back