Precision Pro Golf App

Thrillbilly Jim

No Diddy! No Doubt!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lotter
I received an email from Precision Pro advertising their golf tracking app. Has anyone ever used it before?
86D33DD7-950B-42E5-8E36-8DD8C6C55124.png

Looking forward to the feedback on this one

Interesting as well for feedback.

App functions great interested to see some stats tracking it offers.

I downloaded it earlier today. Gonna try and use it tomorrow weather permitting.

Is that what that email was the other day?! I was playing, and my nx7 pro slope had just done me wrong, and then got annoyed all over again when I got the notification for what looked like an ad from them. Following to hear the feedback from @KY Golfer and others.

"Your device isn't compatible with this version."

For Android 8 and up.

:surrender:

Last edited:
Interesting decision by a hardware distance measuring device company to release a free non-subscription distance measuring app.

What on earth are you using that's running Android 7 or lower?
Oh, lol, thanks for that. I misread while skimming earlier, which I still should have figured out because it makes no sense if I take half a second to think about it. Disregard my previous. My phones are all up to date. :LOL:

Well I took a pass on golf this morning. 42, windy, wet and a drizzle didn’t sound fun so I will have to wait on using the app. Hopefully I can get out over the weekend.

I downloaded this onto my phone and will try it out next time I play, whenever that will be.

I use an Nx 7 Precision Pro. I received the email, but don't have a need for the app. My Bushnell watch gives me approximates and my NX7 gives me exacts to the pin.

I have a PP rangefinder and love it. Unless they add a companion app for the Apple Watch I doubt I'll give this a try. If they do add a watch app I will definitely try it out.

Soon I hope to be good enough to actually start recording my scores. Wouldn't mind having an app that allowed me to record my hole-by-hole scores, keep track of my HC, etc. Nor would I have a problem paying a nominal one-time fee for an app I find acceptable.

Is this app using the device's GPS to determine club distance, using distance between from where you hit to where you next have to hit?

Does it record/allow you to record hole-by-hole stroke count?

Does it have provisions for allowing for a course it may not have in its database?

Lastly: Why on earth would anybody give such an app away for free?

Unless they add a companion app for the Apple Watch I doubt I'll give this a try. If they do add a watch app I will definitely try it out.
Yeah, being able to just tap/scroll/tap on your Apple Watch would make it a lot handier than having to haul your phone out before every stroke.

I bright daylight, can you easily see the screen on your phone to use the app?

I bright daylight, can you easily see the screen on your phone to use the app?
I would think that would at least partially depend upon the phone. I know I've had smart phones in the past that were difficult in the bright sunshine. My last iPhone (6S) and my current iPhone SE (2020) are pretty decent in bright sunlight. I expect it also depends upon the app--what colors and contrasts they use.

Nobody's using this app that can answer my questions?

I just downloaded it but it looks like it is in the Beta version. As of right now the course Im playing tomorrow is not in it. Ill try tomorrow at the course maybe will have better luck.

I have used it for 9 holes at my club. Its a decent little app, very basic

I’ve used the app during my last several rounds. I haven’t dabbled in any of the stat tracking stuff. It definitely allows hole by hole scoring...I just haven’t used it. I’ve only used it to measure distances, and it seems to work great for that. It even factors in slope, although I can’t attest to the accuracy of that part.

Back