Preferred Ball Flight?

My preference is a straight ball to a slight draw. I would like to be able to hit a controllable, consistent fade with my irons, but still not even close. With my woods, no problem. Maybe 2024 and new irons will finally unleash the fade.

I, like most I'm assuming, am not always happy with my ball flight.

- I hit a draw, struggle to hit a fade on demand, and my ball height is lower than I'd like.
- I'd like to hit a fade naturally, with a much higher ball flight.

We'll never be happy with out ball flight, I won't be anyway. I compare it to women, curly haired women want straight hair and straight hair women want curly hair.

We'll never be happy with out ball flight, I won't be anyway. I compare it to women, curly haired women want straight hair and straight hair women want curly hair.

:ROFLMAO: Such eloquence deserves a response.

I'd like to hit a fade naturally, with a much higher ball flight.

More stomach, less hands. A Texas leaner.

I went from having a huge slice when I was younger and still playing baseball, to a really nasty snap hook, to now I"m finally hitting the ball ok again the last 5-6 years. I would prefer to hit a high butter cut, but my normal shape is a low pull/pull draw. I use every trick in the book to keep my driver from going left.

I would prefer to hit a high butter cut, but my normal shape is a low pull/pull draw. I use every trick in the book to keep my driver from going left.

Add this to your list if you haven't already. Tommy Bolt said if you aim left, set up left, swing left, and the ball doesn't go left you can win a lot of money.

Straight is the worst ball flight to try and aim for, because unless you get it perfect every time the ball will always be moving away from your target.

Draw or fade it repeatably and you can aim slightly to either side and always have the ball moving back towards target, even if it's not exactly right every time.
Key word - repeatability ?
If you hit it straight repeatedly. No issue . No deviation . Also when you start a ball draw / fade , and wind is present ball flight is exacerbated = excessive lateral movement .

My ball movement laterally is rare , unless l abnormally posture etc to execute it ….

Straight to me is natural , how it is worst , can’t embrace that . Straight shots shouldn’t get punished .
When alignment's is correct….

A fade, because you can talk to a fade, but a hook won’t listen.

Honestly course plays a big part. I normally play a draw. Worked all year on fade and well feel that my swing in General is going to determine the flight.

As a recovering slicer, I want to see a push draw. With my launch conditions I play my best with a tight push fade. Lately I have been hitting a lot of knuckle hooks.....

Straight. I want that consistently. It's a slice sometimes.

High soft cut is best for my game

My iron flight is pretty straight. I'm finding I can hit it at 100% with the same accuracy, so I put away my driver so I can learn work on distance with my irons.
Today I hit the elevated green on the 8th hole for the first time in three seasons! It rolled off onto the fringe, hole high, as it is one of the toughest Par 3s in the state with a sloped green. Happily three putted for bogey.

Five years ago I wanted a draw. In the past 2 years I want to fade everything. Still can’t do it consistently enough with iron shots.

I like straight! If it fades a bit, that's ok; at least I know it will land softly and won't run into oblivion.

Slight draw is my preferred. At times it feels easy and others I can't get it to move left

A draw or just straight.

Back