PRIDE - And golf equipment....

I actually questioned the fitter when they said I needed a stiff shaft in my driver. I was sure I’d need a regular. I couldn’t give a toss what the label says in my golf shaft, or anywhere else. All that matters is that number at the end of 18 holes.
I questioned the fitter when he put me in stiff shafts in my irons. I play R flex in everything else, but he assured me that S was the right call for my irons based upon what he was seeing on the launch monitor. It surprised me, but I went with his call.

I think I swallow it pretty well with gear, because it shows up in shots immediately. I'd rather err on the side of too little than too much shaft/club. When I'm swinging free I can adjust to a slightly softer flex. When I'm not feeling great, making a too stiff shaft play is a LOT of work.

@DNice26 Hzrdus Black 6.0 is no standard S flex. It's more stout overall for me than a ton of Xs from other makers/lines. Some are downright mushy compared.

Id say that Im a combination of being stubborn and swallowing my price. Ive learned to love my 5-wood instead of a 3-wood, my 4-hybrid instead of a 4-iron and my chipper.
I would say though that Im stubborn in that Im still not able to sell myself on a mallet putter and play a blade putter that is pretty unforgiving but has great feel and is beautiful to look at.

I think I swallow it pretty well with gear, because it shows up in shots immediately. I'd rather err on the side of too little than too much shaft/club. When I'm swinging free I can adjust to a slightly softer flex. When I'm not feeling great, making a too stiff shaft play is a LOT of work.

@DNice26 Hzrdus Black 6.0 is no standard S flex. It's more stout overall for me than a ton of Xs from other makers/lines. Some are downright mushy compared.

I don't know what it is about that shaft but it works very well for me.

I don't know what it is about that shaft but it works very well for me.
It's so underrated these days. My FIR numbers with it are insane. It's just lost in the 'not the newest and shiniest anymore' mentality. Nothing I try every beats it out though.

Back