Project X CYPHER Shaft

I have it in my Halo 4 iron. I like it. I have the 6.0 stiff model. I was worried about it at first, but it’s held up to my aggressive swing and has a good feel. Reminds me of the RCH shaft in my driver.

I had a conversation with Keenan Phillips at the Dream Foursome Experience about the Cypher iron shafts. Based on what we discussed, I feel that these are shafts that I would consider for my next set of irons.

I have the Cleveland XL Driver and 3,5,7 FWWs. All with the Cypher 5.5 Reg Shaft. I love them. Prompted me to outfit all my clubs down to PW with them. Still have steel shafts on my wedges. They are a lighter shaft so I had to do some counter balancing to get the SW I was looking for. That mid stiff section is perfect for me. Keeps the face very stable but the softer tip gives me some kick. I can really feel it hitting out of the rough. It’s as advertised from a high launch standpoint. The flight def netted some distance for me. Found a set on eBay for a very reasonable price and built them myself. I play hybrids 5-PW. Yup. I’m that guy. Great shaft and they look awesome as well. Blue on the Driver/FWWs and Green on the hybrid/iron shafts.

Thinking of the 5.0 for my zx4. Wish to know more about the feel.

I have tested this shaft (50 5.5) with both Rogue ST Max LS and Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS heads and really liked it. I put it up against Fujikura Ventus Blue 5 and EvenFlow Riptide 50 and it performed better for me over those two. Last tested all 3 at Golf Galaxy in Greenville, SC last week and when I told the guy I was leaning strongly towards the Triple Diamond LS head with the Cypher 50 5.5 shaft, he said well that is an unusual combination that you will not see very often. :LOL:

So I somehow lucked into getting an iron set of these for $20…any recent reviews?

I really like the Cypher iron shafts. They perform well. Really help to elevate the ball. Also, I’m a fan of the counterbalancing. My only negative is the weight. I think a heavier shaft would help my swing.

Back