Maybe move the ball back in your stance just a smidge. Other than that, if you pick a spot an inch or two in front of the ball that's on your intended line, you can focus on rolling the ball over that spot with the intended speed - it's almost impossible to miss the spot, and if you're still pulling putts, you should be able to hone in on why it's happening.

For me, it's almost always the case that my eyes don't agree with the spot I've chosen. But if the spot is truly on my intended line, I just trust it and try to make a smooth stroke that rolls the ball end-over-end and true.

Last year I started watching the putter head during the swing, instead of locking eyes on the ball, then continue watching the putter head after contact. Unfortunately this won't help my green reading ;-) , but I don't pull or push it nearly as much as I used to.

As others have mentioned, there can be so many causes to pulled putts. It is a malady that impacts me at times, too. One of the things that I think about to eliminate it is in my forward stroke, I think of keeping the back of my lead hand pointing straight down my putting line and it sometimes helps me to roll it straight.

I pull just enough putts to make me an untrustworthy partner.... Is there a grip, a stance, a something that will prevent this?
Currently, I use an Obiter mallet, open stance, eyes several inches inside, slow trail hand dominant takeaway sometimes even dragging the putter along the grass, pausing and then putting to the target with the shoulders. Don't use a ball line, just pretend to be driving a nail into the back of the ball.
Nine times out of ten I am happy but grrrr, pulling a four footer (or less) just makes me so mad.
For advice, I'm not looking to know how you putt - there are a hundred fine & different methods out there. Rather what you know specifically about stopping the pulling. Surely there is one small adjustment...?
Could you explain what you mean when you say "pull" putts? Are you missing putts left? Is the ball starting straight but finishing left? I think the answer to your request for help is different depending on what you are actually experiencing.

Back