Push cart at country club

My backyard is against the Oakridge CC here in Utah (Korn Ferry Tour has a stop here) and it was sort of ridiculous when I would be out mowing my yard and some fourteen year old would pull up in a golf cart to hit his ball. From what I have been seeing, and I didn't think they would do it, is that they have somewhat suspended the use of Golf carts for members that don't need them. That being said I have seen a huge influx of brand new push carts hitting the course, so my thought would be go ahead and use your push cart! I agree that the push cart had a stigma to them but then people started using them and now everyone wants to be part of the Push Cart Mafia. I'm personally waiting and thinking of putting a sign on my fence that says "When you are ready to sell your clicgear, give me a call", as i'm sure the second they allow golf cart use to the entire membership, there will be a lot of brand new Clicgear's taking up space in people's garages.

Don’t expect to use it. A lot of private courses I have played do not allow push carts to force members to pay the cart fee.

Stinks because most of us have cart bags so carrying would be super unpleasant

Don’t expect to use it. A lot of private courses I have played do not allow push carts to force members to pay the cart fee.

Stinks because most of us have cart bags so carrying would be super unpleasant
I think if I paid the amount of money that those CCs/Privates require, I'd tell them "yeah, I'm going to do what I want". That being said, I get they have to lookout for the membership as a whole but if I'm going out on a midday or late evening round where the course is empty and I want to walk, I'm gonna walk with my push cart haha!

a thought like this never would have entered my mind. ignorance is bliss

I think if I paid the amount of money that those CCs/Privates require, I'd tell them "yeah, I'm going to do what I want". That being said, I get they have to lookout for the membership as a whole but if I'm going out on a midday or late evening round where the course is empty and I want to walk, I'm gonna walk with my push cart haha!

The type of courses that have these push cart rules in place would just tell you to take a walk to another course if you told them that haha.

My club does not allow you to bring your own push cart. However, during the covid-19 situation they are allowing it for sanitary reasons.

Different clubs have different rules. It’s best to call and ask in advance.

Their answer

Not carrying....
I don’t have a bag for that, plus my shoulders would not Allow me to carry a bag AND play 18 holes, maybe 6, but. It the full round.
Call them and ask.

My backyard is against the Oakridge CC here in Utah (Korn Ferry Tour has a stop here) and it was sort of ridiculous when I would be out mowing my yard and some fourteen year old would pull up in a golf cart to hit his ball. From what I have been seeing, and I didn't think they would do it, is that they have somewhat suspended the use of Golf carts for members that don't need them. That being said I have seen a huge influx of brand new push carts hitting the course, so my thought would be go ahead and use your push cart! I agree that the push cart had a stigma to them but then people started using them and now everyone wants to be part of the Push Cart Mafia. I'm personally waiting and thinking of putting a sign on my fence that says "When you are ready to sell your clicgear, give me a call", as i'm sure the second they allow golf cart use to the entire membership, there will be a lot of brand new Clicgear's taking up space in people's garages.

The Sun Mountain Micro Cart I bought off FB Market is in fantastic shape. It was older, but didn't even look like it was used once. The guy basically said he thought he would walk for the exercise, but then realized he was kidding himself as he enjoyed riding in the cart. Honestly, if the inventory is as low as it is I will be looking for an upgrade to ClicGear after this pandemic. I enjoy the walk and being part of Push Cart Mafia!

Do you mean they are not allowing regular carts, or push carts? Not sure I understand what you are referring to.
Not only my CC but all in my area don't allow power carts right now. Means with my hip/back issues I simply can't play.

I'd take a push cart. Wouldn't think twice about it.

Just call ahead. Less stress. Then you can focus on having fun

Ours allows people to use their own push carts. They also have some for rent. But my club is a ClubCorp property that is also one of their more family friendly clubs.

So just an update, the original request was cancelled due to rain. Playing at a nice club and asked the member if the club has any preference on using my own. It was simple and no judgement. I will be pushing the OG sun mountain today. probably fighting off some sarcastic remarks from the others in the group.

Appreciate all the input and confidence boosters that gave some comments.

I would say its ok, but if anything call and ask.

So just an update, the original request was cancelled due to rain. Playing at a nice club and asked the member if the club has any preference on using my own. It was simple and no judgement. I will be pushing the OG sun mountain today. probably fighting off some sarcastic remarks from the others in the group.

They are just jealous of your awesomeness.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hopefully not playing today. It’s one of those 50* rainy days that feels like it’s 30*.

It would have never crossed my mind that bringing your own pushcart wasn't ok if walking was allowed.

It would have never crossed my mind that bringing your own pushcart wasn't ok if walking was allowed.
Judging from the courses where I've seen them, just about any personally owned pushcart would be a lot better and more presentable than the rental ones at the course.

I will be pushing the OG sun mountain today. probably fighting off some sarcastic remarks from the others in the group.

I used to think that way until I played in Scotland. Just about EVERYBODY uses a push cart over there when you don't take a caddy. Same goes for Bandon Dunes/Cabot Links over on this side of the pond. All I have to do is bring up that push carts are the norm (when not taking a caddy) on 15 of the top 30 courses in the world and that usually shuts the peanut gallery right up :ROFLMAO:

Also, my experience with Sharon is that, while private and pretty exclusive, it seems to be a very laid back club. There'fore, I'd be really surprised if they didn't allow push carts (although I've definitely heard of some clubs not doing it).

Hopefully not playing today. It’s one of those 50* rainy days that feels like it’s 30*.
I did play Thursday.
It ended up being a beautiful day for golf brought a few different layers and umbrellas made a debut.
Course was relatively flat but trees and bunkers made up for it. If I were a member I would push everytime and maybe even carry.

I even had a member come up to me and ask if Non-club carts were allowed. To which I responded yep they let me walk and more power to you walking good sir.

Back