Putting. Some days that imaginary line strangely disappears.

Seeing the line needs to happen with your binocular vision from behind the the ball.

I keep trying to do that but it really is more like monocular vision for me... :smile:.

Back to the subject, yes I can see the line some days but most days its spot putting. Figure out the speed and line and pick a spot to putt towards on the apex of the line. I find it easier to aim and focus on the spot most days.

Edit: The more I think about this the more I realize that the line has to do with speed. Bad speed is what causes three putts so I am thinking about the speed the ball needs to go to get to the hole. Then focus is overall line and break. Then the last 1/3 of the putt where it slows gets attention because it will break more there. That's when I see the line and pick the apex. Then there is a spot to aim at and hit the ball towards.

Last edited:
I agree with seeing the line and visualizing what the ball is going to do. Putting was really strong for me on sunday, and every putt I saw what was going to happen and was dropping or rimming putts from 20+ feet. Monday, couldn't see a thing and could hardly make a putt over 5', some of them were so far off it was embarrassing. Thinking a combination of confidence and focus.

Back