Questions - Swingweight and Cutting Down a Driver Shaft

I'm going to revive this ancient thread since I think I need to add some weight to my R11S head.

Backstory:
- I bought an R11S years ago in a regular shaft
- My friend convinced me that I should be playing a stiff shaft since my swing speed was about 100 MPH
- My friend sold me his stiff whiteboard shaft that came out of his 913 when he upgraded his shaft
- I liked the distance that I was getting on the course but my big miss would be a big sweeping hook which often put the ball OB. Great when relatively straight but penalizing when missing by that much
- Before the 2015 season, I cut the driver shaft from 46" to 44.5"
- My goal for keeping the ball in play was achieved but I lost quite a bit of distance, but at times, the driver just felt wonky in my hands
- I've been playing around with the settings of my driver for the last bit trying to achieve a higher launch/low spin combo, but all the settings just felt a little bit weird. I increased the loft and set the club in an open club face setting because at times the ball would start too much to the left. Hence the open face to get it back to starting straight. These settings made it club feel very light and I didn't really like the feeling. I decided to go back to my original settings (Closed face and lower loft) and the club felt much better in my hands

Doing a bit of research has lead me to this thread because I feel like it's possibly the swing weight that changed in my driver and that's why it feels funny to me. Somehow, when I changed the settings back to the closed club face and the lower loft, it felt more like the swing weight that I had previously (I have no idea why that setting would make me feel that or maybe it's all in my head).

Having read this thread, since I chopped the shaft down by 1.5", then it means my SW changed by 9 points and for each point I need to add back 18 grams to the head.
Right now I have the original weights in the head. 10g set in the heel and 1g in the toe, which is 11 g total. If I wanted to add 18 g back, then I'd need to increase from 11g to 29 g.

The weights are sold in 1g, 2g, 4g, 6g, 8g, 10g, 12g, 14g, 16g, 20g.

To get to my 29g, I assume I should go with 20g in the heel and 10g in the toe to keep the difference of ~9g from the original settings.
I'm also thinking that I might not really get to the true 29g and I'd be fine with 16g in the heel and 10g in the toe.

Am I crazy? Is my logic flawed? For about 10-15 bucks, I think it should be an experiment worth trying.

What do you think?

Back