Quirky winter golf unofficial “rules”

brians

2023 GRANDADDY X (marks the spot)
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Now that golf season is officially over up here (courses are still open though) What are some off-season “rules” your course or courses in the area use?

We played around today and the starter told us we are done with rakes and drinking water. “If the ball goes in the sand feel free to remove it no penalty”

Of course knowing they were free drops I somehow avoided them all for once

If it's buried, you're allowed to place it on top of the snow 😉

Also no need to play from the lake on the fairway, just move it.

We don't have an off season, but lift, clean and cheat goes into place during the winter months.

No off season rules here but one thing I couldn’t get used to were temporary greens. Another is no penalty strokes for lost balls due to leaf coverage.

No off season rules here but one thing I couldn’t get used to were temporary greens. Another is no penalty strokes for lost balls due to leaf coverage.
Leaf rule is so questionable. But it’s used everywhere up here. And people really really take advantage ugh

Leaf rule is so questionable. But it’s used everywhere up here. And people really really take advantage ugh
Oh yeah they will even if the see the ball fly into the pond next to the fairway with leaves on it.

Stay off the property, you're trespassing! :rolleyes:

From Thanksgiving to Easter we play everything up since the course conditions suck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From Thanksgiving to Easter we play everything up since the course conditions suck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Same for down this way, as well. I'm a fan. Wish we could do it during the sloppy rainy summer months.

Temp greens are the worst. Love it when they don't tell you until you're there and paid already, either. My friend has his only hole in one on a very rediculous temp green 😆

Temp greens are the worst. Love it when they don't tell you until you're there and paid already, either. My friend has his only hole in one on a very rediculous temp green 😆
Oh that is the worst…I’ve never had that happen. I used to find out mid round.

Temp pins in the fairway. So no rules are the best rules lol

We have winter rules here year round.
Mainly just free lift from all divots/GUR.

But thats not real golf!!!!

We have winter rules here year round.
Mainly just free lift from all divots/GUR.

But thats not real golf!!!!
It's winter all year round in Manitoba anyways, isn't it?

😂 Do you give them a hard time about his hole in one having an asterisk next to it in the books?

Fwiw- I think it’s a no question hole in one, but it sounds like a really fun excuse to needle them a bit,

Now that golf season is officially over up here (courses are still open though) What are some off-season “rules” your course or courses in the area use?
Lost balls in leaves don’t count..

😂 Do you give them a hard time about his hole in one having an asterisk next to it in the books?

Fwiw- I think it’s a no question hole in one, but it sounds like a really fun excuse to needle them a bit,
Dude, absolutely. The temp hole was playing 80 yards shorter at only 76 yards total and when he told people he never mentioned that it was on a temp green. #neverlethimforget

Dude, absolutely. The temp hole was playing 80 yards shorter at only 76 yards total and when he told people he never mentioned that it was on a temp green. #neverlethimforget
Staring Star Wars GIF by Disney+

Back