R11 KBS 90 Shafts vs KBS Tour 90 Shafts

asca2

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows whether the KBS 90 shafts in the the R11 irons are the same as the KBS Tour 90 shafts offered by KBS. Talyormade Website lists the weight for the stiff shafts as 90g whereas the stiff shaft for the KBS tour is weighted 102. I was just wondering whether this was an error by Taylormade or whether they are two completely different shafts. Thank you in advance!

They are different shafts. They are shafts made by KBS for Taylormade Golf to fit a specific profile they believe works well with the irons.

Thank you so much JB! I tried to find the answer in the review threads for wither the R11s or KBS 90 shafts, but wasn't successful.

I have been pondering a lower launching shaft for my R11s

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows whether the KBS 90 shafts in the the R11 irons are the same as the KBS Tour 90 shafts offered by KBS. Talyormade Website lists the weight for the stiff shafts as 90g whereas the stiff shaft for the KBS tour is weighted 102. I was just wondering whether this was an error by Taylormade or whether they are two completely different shafts. Thank you in advance!

this is what KBS told me a few months ago

Thank you for the question! The Tour R is stiffer than the Tour 90 shafts and the KBS 90 shafts in Taylormade Golf clubs. The Tour R is a full flex stiffer than the Tour 90 S or 90 S. It is also about 10 g heavier, and will have a slightly lower ball flight and spin rate. Please check with a local KBS fitter: http://kbsgolfshafts.com/retailers/local-dealers . The online fitting tool is terrific, but it is always best to hit in person. If you notice the shaft in the R11 is too whippy, then go up a flex. Thanks again, Conrad

Don't know if that will help you or not but they are different shafts

I have been pondering a lower launching shaft for my R11s

Well the KBS Tour 90s would not be that. They are a mid-high to high launching shaft. If you're looking for lower launch, I'd give the KBS Tours (mid-mid-high) or C Tapers (low-mid to mid) a try.

not sure the differences, but the KBS 90's and the KBS Tour 90's are different. the Made-For (R11) shafts have their own differences too, I believe.

KBS told me there wasnt enough difference in the Tour 90 and the TM 90 for most to see. I also read where people didnt see a huge gain when they switched shafts. Going to a fitting next week at Golftec and I am going to try some other shafts.

I have really been thinking of pulling the TM 90s for some KBS tours. I think I am going to try hitting a 4 & 7 iron side by side to see if its a difference.

Back