Rank the drivers YOU have hit in 2020

I have only hit four of them so not a huge list

1.SIM - forgiving (enough), the longest driver I've EVER hit and the feel is incredible
2. Mavrik - really forgiving, not quite as long as the SIM (for me) but the feel is also incredible
3. Epic Flash - I was one of the few that liked the sound of this one but I know I'm a minority here. It was long and forgiving as well, but the two drivers above it, outclassed it in both categories.
4. Speedzone - It's forgiving but I just couldn't get it to get anywhere close to the other two as far as distance goes. Might of had to do with the shafts available with a Cobra adapter at our club. Also didn't feel half as good as the other two. I really wanted to love it but this one just wasn't for me.

Last edited:
1. Sim max - Lin-q purple
2. Ping G410 lst - Accra Tour Z RPG 362
3. Callaway DBD 816

Started the year with the Ping and was quite happy with it until the weight broke flush in the head. Sent it back to Ping almost a month ago now and still waiting for an answer. I borrowed a buddies Callaway DBD, I driver I used for a couple of years and it was as good as I remembered. I actually was on the hunt for one until I decided to order the sim max. I’ve played the sim max for 5 rounds and pretty happy with the results. I honestly don’t know what I’m going to stick with once the Ping comes back. I like the sound and feel of both but give the edge to the max, distance is close but I think the Ping may be a bit longer. As for more consistent it’s too early to tell but the max has been pretty good

I’m dialed in with my GBB Epic SZ right now. Not touching another driver for awhile.

1. TM M2
2. TM M6
10000000000. Callaway epic. Did not like this driver. Bought it and sold it within a month.

1- Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond- Very long and straight. It’s either dead straight or a slight cut. It’s a beast.
2- Cobra LTD Pro - Just as long as the Triple Diamond (if not longer), but not quite as forgiving.
3- TM SIM- Very Long, but a little bit of a two way miss. Did not like how shallow the face was.
4- Callaway Tour Issue Rogue SubZero-V - Rare tour prototype head. I had a big two way miss with it.

Waiting on my Mavrik Triple Diamond that I ordered over a month ago. If it ever gets here, I have a feeling it will make the top of the list.

My best discovery was shaft related. I found out I love, love the Aldila X-Torsion Copperhead 60TX shaft. I now have one with a Cobra and Callaway adapter.

I have thought through them. My rankings:

1. Cobra SpeedZone
2. TaylorMade SIM
3. Callaway Mavrik SubZero
Tie
4. TaylorMade Max, Epic Flash and Cobra Xtreme

The SpeedZone with the Ventus Blue 6 shaft is the longest driver I have hit for me. I also hit a good percentage of fairways. It does not tire me out by the end of a round. I love that Pars and Stripes driver.

I believe the SIM With an Accra TZ6 Proto 55 M4 shaft gives me the longest average distance with good dispersion when my swing is on. Truly, it is neck and neck with the SpeedZone.

The Callaway Mavrik SubZero is also right there with the other two, but I do tend to lose it right a little more than the first two.

The others are all very good and I could easily have them in the bag and would probably not see a change in my scores. I want to play around with the Xtreme and Hzrdus Green combo some more. I see some real potential.

I've only hit one driver...the one I own (Epic Flash). Haven't tried any others, though I see quite a few SIM drivers in people's bags, and have yet to see a Mavrik.

1. Mavrik Max
2. Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo

The Mavrik has been a beast for me! After putting in a Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 it really came to life! I went from 220-230 to 240-260. The Cleveland is solid and dependable but its not long like the Mav is!

1. Exs 220
2. Srixon 785
3. M3
4. Nike vapor fly

Epic Flash and it’ll probably stay that way all year, perfectly fine with that too.

Ranking:

1. Cobra SpeedZone 9* with the USTM LINQ Gunmetal
2. Cobra F9 with a PX EvenFlow Blue from my F8

The SpeedZone/LINQ combo has been a monster for me in both distance and accuracy. I feel like a mini Bryson.

1. TS3 - So darn consistent
2. MAVRIK - long, but spinnier off the toe and heel so bigger misses
3. SIM MAX - low launching for me
4. SIM - super low launching for me

Mavrik Sub Zero Triple Diamond

Mavrik Standard

SIM Max

SIM

Will edit and add my thoughts later, I have a few 😛
Ok, yesterday got away from me. But, here it goes.

Mavrik Sub Zero Triple Diamond - this gets top billing for me. Could be that I'm still in full honeymoon phase. But, it takes everything I like about the standard Mavrik and gives me a few more positives. The front/rear weight setup is cool so I can fine tune my spin. The shape is very pleasing to the eye. And now that my swing is grooving and I'm hitting draws again, having a driver with no draw bias really helps.

Mavrik Standard - great great head. I can tell that there is less wind resistance during practice swings. So the aerodynamic design is doing something. Not sure what it equals on the course. It may be the best feeling of the Mavrik line in my eyes. Just started losing more drives left than I'd like.

SIM Max - I've only hit this one twice. So I don't have a ton of thoughts on it. I do like the shape. The way it frames the ball. I enjoy the muted carbon sound typically. But, this one may be too muted even for me. Hits the ball nice and high though.

SIM - this one looks identical to the Max. But, I found it to have a harsher feel that I didn't care much for. If I were choosing between the two, I'd likely choose the max simply for the fact that it feels a little softer off the face and I never mess with sliding weights.

1. Mavrik SZ - in the bag now. The straightest driver by far for me. The last straight driver I played was a Rogue
2. Cobra Speedzone - this thing was HOT. some serious ball speed with this
3. SIM Max - long and fun. The only thing was a severe fade bias which the fade produced by my swing just a little worse
4. M6 + G410 - pretty similar, fun to hit
5. SIM - yes, it's last of the 6. While anything carried to 250 was somewhat straight, I could NOT dial this thing in if I stepped on it. It was right on the other fairway, almost 90% of the time. Now that I think about it, I probably needed the 10.5 head.

Ping G410 LST - current gamer. Not the longest of the drivers I’ve had in the bag this year but it is the straightest. Very nice feel to it after adding a few grams of hot melt to the head.

Mavrik SZ - this was the longest driver I’ve hit this year. Easily 5-10 longer than anything else I’ve hit. Gamed it for a little while but I was just too wild with it.

SiM - another long hitter. Could never get accustomed to the shallowness of the face. Just didn’t fit my eye or my swing.

SiM Max - very nice driver head but spun like crazy. Couldn’t get the spin down enough with loft or shaft changes. Loved the look of it, probably the best looking of the bunch.

M6 - this was my carry over at the turn of the new year. Straight but not long. Probably the shortest of the heads I gamed in 2020.

TS3 - nice all around driver but didn’t stand out in any one area. Not a fan of the weight adjustment system. Would like to see an update to a better system in their next releases.

SpeedZone - hated it. Felt bad even on center strikes. Never even made it to the course.

Gamed:

1. M5

Hit:

1. M5
2. F8
3. Whippy
4. Wooden driver (I'd have to go look at it to know exactly which one... Wilson, I think)

1) SIM Max. Easy to hit straight, fast speeds, great launch, and best looks in the game IMO. Very comfortable driver.
2) Epic Flash. An absolute cannon off the entire face, really consistent numbers across the face as well. Looks good. Small tendency to favor the left side knocks it down from #1.
3) Mavrik. Basically the same performance as Flash (for me) but less adjustability.
4) SZ Xtreme. Solid driver, just a little worse than the SIM Max at everything. Little uglier, little slower, little more curve etc etc.
5) G410 Plus. Very disappointing for me. Didn't do anything particularly well, and its UGLY.
5) SIM. Too low spin. I couldn't get any sort of consistent flight going with it.

I have hit almost everything that is out. I will only rank the top 5 as otherwise it would take too long

1. SIM Max - the simplicity of the max is what makes it number 1 for me. It is hot, looks great
and is your peoples camp with this and the D head anyone can be happy.
2. SIM - I say this is 2 because I feel it is a bit more specific in the player that it fits. Lower spin, more fade bias. But still very much a canon once set up.
3. - Cobra speed zone extreme - again I say this because I feel it is a bit more of an Everyman club. Still provides great distance and high MOI is a good looking package.
4. Titleist TS4 - I was very pleased personally with this head. Great shape, great feel, and of the TS models I felt was the hottest. It is just low due to specificity and low forgiveness.
5 mizuno ST200 - this driver is very under-rated. It is stable, forgiving, great looking, and very clean. It also produces a great sound and feel and ball speed..

Edit!! I made a change. After some further thinking.

Last edited:
1. TM SIM (won in both distance and accuracy above all, thus why its in my bag now)
2. Callaway Epic Flash Subzero (equally long, just a big less accurate
3.TM SIM Max
4. Callaway Mavrik

Taylormade SIM Max- very long and forgiving
Cobra Speedzone Long but not as forgiving maybe due to wrong shaft combo

1. Rogue Sub Zero (solid, dependable, Indian not the arrow type relationship)
2. M6 (capable of bombs, but sometimes seems to just wimp out even with what feels like a good strike)

Rogue survived a fling with the Epic Flash SZ last year (just could not tolerate that noise).
Keep looking at maybe trying a TS3/TS4 or SIM in the 8.5/8 heads :unsure:

3. Mavrick- Forgiving, just not as long , and had 2 way miss, which is an aberration for me

surprising, I thought that’s what the Maverick was all about

Ok, I'll play. Half of my list came from the author/creator of this thread so... M4D>M6. That's it. M6 is a little low lofted and it just didn't fit as well as the D-type driver. I'd love to get my hands on the M2D but they're like finding the needle in the haystack at times.

1. :PXG: 0811x+ Prototype
2. :PXG: 0811XF Gen2
3. :PXG: 08711x Prototype

Back