RealPretendPsychic's 2020(1) Grandaddy Marathon

RealPretendPsychic

Ask me about the Callaway Apex CB’s!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey THP! As everyone knows, my road to the Grandaddy has gotten a little longer because of these challenging times for the world and for the golf industry. Callaway has done a fantastic job keeping us in the loop and handling everything with grace and sensitivity. I'm grateful for the opportunity to be a part of this event every day. I have no idea how I was selected or why it happened! I've been chatting with Captain @MattyD-MPLS and AssCap @dacatalyst41 and they're facilitating some serious teambuilding! A number of Grandaddy Alumni have also reached out, which is just super cool! My Wife and I (and dog and 2 cats) live near The Sweetest Place on Earth so I play most of my golf out of Central Pennsylvania. I recently turned 30 and am now an old man. I've got an accounting background and spend my 9-5 playing with numbers in Excel. My Wife is a medical resident, so as long as it's not her day off, I'm on my own for whatever trouble I get into.

Golf has been a part of my life as long as I can remember. My Grandparents have a number of club championships to their names and my Uncle is a PGA Pro. I think the three of them have a combined 15 HIO's. Before you get too excited, I didn't get the gene (or the patience?)! My parents (3 HIO's) are lifetime hackers and I'm following in their footsteps. My Grandfather converted me from lefty to righty before I was emulating Ken Griffey Jr's silky smooth home run swing. I'm a sports nut. Growing up I was always an athlete - diving was my sport and golf was something I did (and still do) for fun with friends and family. I've broken 80 three times, but it's been a while since those days. I'm currently a 13 and my goal this year is to practice and play more and hope that the results will follow!

With that goal in mind, I was looking for some info on hitting hybrids before my mid-February round and so I joined THP! Just over a month later Mr. Finley was @'ing me during a live chat as the first member of the 2020(1) Grandaddy team. Shocked! I'm still shocked! I just can't overstate how grateful I am for the opportunity to be part of this event and meet everyone involved that makes it so special. Now I'm hoping to make the move into single digits for the first time ever! I get in practice reps at home with my basic SkyTrak setup, chips in the backyard and my SKLZ putting mat and Puttout mirror. I've already gotten out twice this year in PA since the shutdown lifted last week.

So let the adventure begin - I hope you'll all join me as I take you on my marathon journey to the Grandaddy!

I look forward to following your marathon. Also, you have no idea how many people just simultaneously went "Pssshhhht!!!" at you proclaiming yourself an "old man" at 30! :ROFLMAO: Enjoy the journey!

Let’s see the marathon :golf:

You've been an incredible representative so far! I can't wait to follow along and hope to possibly join you next year ;)

Love visiting Hershey. Enjoy the adventure as I can’t imagine how excited one would be, but having to hold that in until December 21. Lol

it’s going to be one exciting and fun marathon.

Great hearing about you and your family! Keep us informed on your journey to the Granddaddy as we all will be living vicariously thru your efforts!

Just remember... Good things come to those that wait and are patient. Patience is a virtue and pace yourself, but don't sleep in the Granddaddy!

fantastic! you’re in for an incredible ride.

Loving the attitude you have towards this! It will be a marathon, but it will give you a bunch of time to gel as a team! Cant wait to see how you progress from now until the Granddaddy!

Will your wife be done with her residency before you get to go?

Thank you for that great introduction. I can't wait to follow all the trials and triumphs as you prepare for this great adventure.

First - congrats again on being selected!

Second - 30 is old? You're making me sad now (just turned 40 last December)

Third - Looking forward to following along with your journey!

Enjoyed reading the background RPP. You may be new to the forum but you have already proven to be a good fit for the Grandaddy. I look forward to reading more about you and your journey over the next 19 months! :)

Great job setting the stage! Gives you something pretty amazing to look forward to.

Hey THP! As everyone knows, my road to the Grandaddy has gotten a little longer because of these challenging times for the world and for the golf industry. Callaway has done a fantastic job keeping us in the loop and handling everything with grace and sensitivity. I'm grateful for the opportunity to be a part of this event every day. I have no idea how I was selected or why it happened! I've been chatting with Captain @MattyD-MPLS and AssCap @dacatalyst41 and they're facilitating some serious teambuilding! A number of Grandaddy Alumni have also reached out, which is just super cool! My Wife and I (and dog and 2 cats) live near The Sweetest Place on Earth so I play most of my golf out of Central Pennsylvania. I recently turned 30 and am now an old man. I've got an accounting background and spend my 9-5 playing with numbers in Excel. My Wife is a medical resident, so as long as it's not her day off, I'm on my own for whatever trouble I get into.

Golf has been a part of my life as long as I can remember. My Grandparents have a number of club championships to their names and my Uncle is a PGA Pro. I think the three of them have a combined 15 HIO's. Before you get too excited, I didn't get the gene (or the patience?)! My parents (3 HIO's) are lifetime hackers and I'm following in their footsteps. My Grandfather converted me from lefty to righty before I was emulating Ken Griffey Jr's silky smooth home run swing. I'm a sports nut. Growing up I was always an athlete - diving was my sport and golf was something I did (and still do) for fun with friends and family. I've broken 80 three times, but it's been a while since those days. I'm currently a 13 and my goal this year is to practice and play more and hope that the results will follow!

With that goal in mind, I was looking for some info on hitting hybrids before my mid-February round and so I joined THP! Just over a month later Mr. Finley was @'ing me during a live chat as the first member of the 2020(1) Grandaddy team. Shocked! I'm still shocked! I just can't overstate how grateful I am for the opportunity to be part of this event and meet everyone involved that makes it so special. Now I'm hoping to make the move into single digits for the first time ever! I get in practice reps at home with my basic SkyTrak setup, chips in the backyard and my SKLZ putting mat and Puttout mirror. I've already gotten out twice this year in PA since the shutdown lifted last week.

So let the adventure begin - I hope you'll all join me as I take you on my marathon journey to the Grandaddy!

Gosh, I cannot imagine being in your shoes ( FYI I want to be in your shoes). Having to wait for two years would be killer. But totally worth every second of waiting..

I know it is a long wait but will definitely be worth it. Nice intro and looking forward to following along.

And I thought my 7-8 month wait was a marathon! I usually avoid marathons. but I'll follow this one. ;)

Nice intro. If you need anything, holler.

I got so lost on the course yesterday I even lost my rangefinder! It was just one of those days... I drove the ball well and struck my irons poorly, which is unusual. Everything inside 50 yards was actually very good (shocking). Putting was not good (not shocking). So far I’ve played two 18’s and a 9 hole round since quarantine lifted. The year is off to a good start because I’m getting out and playing, just don’t look at my last 27 holes or empty rangefinder bag! 😆

Yesterday’s course was a PB Dye course right in my backyard. It was tough to play here solo for my first time on the course. Really cool holes and challenging angles and elevation changes.
A800C7CA-B106-4832-967F-F8EB4AD5A63B.jpeg119C2DCF-ECEC-4247-BCF1-AA3F5DC383BD.jpeg8F1E9CB3-783A-49A0-B844-E2C21706A984.jpeg88086F14-1385-4322-BB33-D7FD167B4CE9.jpeg8A714C22-F674-49C4-8285-5718B0C269EC.jpeg

Attachments

• 89C0A237-E108-4516-9864-87DD6E36CC7E.jpeg
    89C0A237-E108-4516-9864-87DD6E36CC7E.jpeg
    192 KB · Views: 7
  • 08A4C3FC-72F7-4ABC-A510-9F4EC710B5F1.jpeg
    08A4C3FC-72F7-4ABC-A510-9F4EC710B5F1.jpeg
    214.7 KB · Views: 7
Caught fire for the first time this year over the weekend. Shot a 40/45/85. 40 is my best front nine in the last 5 years and I had a birdie! Struggled out of the sand, but my putting was much better. I didn’t get in trouble off the tee and my irons were great, but I did struggle with full wedges (confusing...).

Had a little bad luck or I could’ve gone lower, but I’m trending in the right direction! Looking at my handicap scores, a few rounds from 2017 are keeping me low so it would appear my 13.3 is about to balloon 😖

Caught fire for the first time this year over the weekend. Shot a 40/45/85. 40 is my best front nine in the last 5 years and I had a birdie! Struggled out of the sand, but my putting was much better. I didn’t get in trouble off the tee and my irons were great, but I did struggle with full wedges (confusing...).

Had a little bad luck or I could’ve gone lower, but I’m trending in the right direction! Looking at my handicap scores, a few rounds from 2017 are keeping me low so it would appear my 13.3 is about to balloon 😖
well better that it jump up to where your playing now, otherwise you'd get screwed on strokes :cool:. But 40 is a really nice nine! congrats

Back