Recommendations for new golf shoe?

thewilderside

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Looking for recommendations for new golf shoes. Would like to keep it under $100, open to spikeless but they make me nervous (about grip) having never worn them, and I walk most of the time I golf.

True Linkswear Eco Knit. They are spikeless but have an aggressive sole. I have never experienced an issue staying completely grounded throughout the entire swing with them.

I will say the same thing I always do when a shoe recommendation request comes up

Personally I can't look beyond Puma shoes, they fit me well and are the most comfortable shoes I have worn
I have tried different shoes on when looking but always come back to Puma

I walk all my rounds and currently have a pair of the PWRAdapt Caged shoes and don't notice the spikes at all when walking, but they provide plenty of grip

True Linkswear Eco Knit. They are spikeless but have an aggressive sole. I have never experienced an issue staying completely grounded throughout the entire swing with them.
Without looking, I'm guessing these would struggle with moisture? I'm pretty frequently a dew sweeper lol.

I like Ecco's a lot. You have to find them on sale to get to $100, but I have a pair that is 6 years old and still works great. They are almost all waterproof too which sounds as important to you as it is to me.

Without looking, I'm guessing these would struggle with moisture? I'm pretty frequently a dew sweeper lol.

Yep. Look at other options. I am an afternoon golfer.

Puma PWR?

Watching this thread. I am exclusively a dew sweeper and I have yet to find a pair of "waterproof" shoes that stay truly waterproof after a month or two. Even with waterproofing spray. They've got to be out there so I'm as curious as the OP.

Look at the PUMA line of shoes.

I've been really happy with New Balance, and can easily find them under $100.

Anyone have experience with these? Kinda tempted Screenshot_20201005-214953_Chrome.jpg

Everyone will have a different suggestion, so here's mine. Sketcher's Spikeless golf shoes. The last three pairs I've bought have all been under $100. Most comfortable shoes I've worn for golfing.

Adidas Tour360 XT-SL can be had for around $90 on Amazon.

The only time I slipped walking in spikeless was not during the swing, but on wet hills when maybe they just slide out with the weight of your pushcart pulling you down the hill or a slippery wet walkway/wooden bridge. But that's kinda any golf shoes?

Liked the lack of spike pressure points on the soles of the feet. I'd walk 90-100 rounds a year in them and cart rounds.
FJ Contour Casuals used to be my jam years ago, but not great on the waterproof. I'm not a morning guy anyway... :cautious::coffee:
FJ Contours with the spikes have been comfy too. Still have two pair of those. (y)

The Puma Ignites are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. I love the disc system. As with any shoe I take out the factory insole and put in a good orthotic. Makes any shoe better. This shoe looks good from top down, lateral and medial views.

Adidas CodeChaos Sports come in right at $99 and are a little more comfortable to me than the non-sport version. I also have to order Adidas shoes a half size larger than Nikes, Pumas, etc. but YMMV. After finding the CodeChaos, I've bought three pairs of them and relegated my spiked shoes for mud runs or really poor weather.

Yes, they are not good for DewSweeping. Very good as @Sox_Fan said for warmer afternoon rounds.
However, True does make a couple of waterproof options that are phenomenal. The True OG’s and Major are super comfortable and great moisture protection.

If anyone is interested in the True Linkswear, send me a DM. I’ve got a discount code that saves 30%.

The Puma Ignites are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. I love the disc system. As with any shoe I take out the factory insole and put in a good orthotic. Makes any shoe better. This shoe looks good from top down, lateral and medial views.
This was my runner-up. It was down to the Puma Ignites Disc or the Ecco's I purchased. I really liked the Codechaos Sport as well but couldn't find a great price on them like others seem to be able to.

If your not needing water resistant my Footjoy Flex are my 2nd favorite walking golf shoe and they can be had for around $80. They breathe well in the summer and I have not had any issues with slipping but I do only use them when I know its going to be dry. Another great thing about them is you can drive with them and run some errands with them on after your round.

Just bought a p[air of FootJoy Flex spike less golf shoe. It's like you're not wearing anything. Very good grip. I put them on in the house, drove to the course, played and drove home. Only issue would be moisture, but here in Las Vegas it's not much of an issue unless playing real early.

5 13 21 FJ Flex shoe.jpg

I am enjoying my True Linkswear shoes. They're fantastic if you walk. I had a small quality issue and they replaced the pair free of charge.

Not sure which I prefer more so far. The new True Linkswear OG 1.2 were comfy but not as the new Ecco S-three. The OG1.2 just feel like old zero drop trues, which if course they are. I feel my balance is always great in them. It feels familiar. Love them

That said, the new s-three feel amazing

Back