Recommendations on game improvement balls

surbs68

Reaction score
Recently got back into golf after a 14 year break. I Went golfing with co-workers and it started the golf itch! Shoot anywhere from a 92-106 and driver swing speed ~112mph. I got fitted for my irons and my swing speed was between a stiff and extra stiff but I went steel stiff flex. I have been playing with chrome supersofts but recently switched to Bridgestone e6 after reading softer balls tend to slice/hook more. When I connect on a drive it is between 280-310 yards(Usually 250-270 right rough) and consistently hit my 7 iron about 170-180 yards. I know there are millions of reasons as to my left to right ball flight but would a harder ball help? I will willingly sacrifice distance for straighter ball flight! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to THP. I’m happy that you have returned to golf.

Bridgestone E12 Speed might be a good fit.

Recently got back into golf after a 14 year break. I Went golfing with co-workers and it started the golf itch! Shoot anywhere from a 92-106 and driver swing speed ~112mph. I got fitted for my irons and my swing speed was between a stiff and extra stiff but I went steel stiff flex. I have been playing with chrome supersofts but recently switched to Bridgestone e6 after reading softer balls tend to slice/hook more. When I connect on a drive it is between 280-310 yards(Usually 250-270 right rough) and consistently hit my 7 iron about 170-180 yards. I know there are millions of reasons as to my left to right ball flight but would a harder ball help? I will willingly sacrifice distance for straighter ball flight! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Softer balls will generally speaking spin less off the tee, so they shouldn’t hook or slice more. Both e6 and Supersoft are quite soft in nature.

Back