reducing swing weight in Sim2 Max driver...

chile

Working with Mercury
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
since TM doesn't offer replaceable weights in the Sim2 Max driver, what is my recourse for dropping the SW from D4 to something that doesn't feel so sledge-y? cutting length? CB shaft (but i do like the one i'm in with it)? thanks in advance...

since TM doesn't offer replaceable weights in the Sim2 Max driver, what is my recourse for dropping the SW from D4 to something that doesn't feel so sledge-y? cutting length? CB shaft (but i do like the one i'm in with it)? thanks in advance...

Try a heavier grip and see how the driver plays for you. A 10 gram heavier grip will reduce the club's swing weight by about 2 points.
If the heavier grip does not work well for you the next step is to reduce shaft length, but I recommend not more than .25" at a time.

like mentioned above. Heavier grip will work or if you play standard size grips then try a midsize since they're 10-12g heavier.

And if you're playing your driver at 45.5 - 45.75 like most stock drivers come anymore id recommend trimming down. You won't notice a difference on length, will drop the SW, and probably (not always the case) but in theory will probably hit the center more

You can even try Switch Grips which allows you to put different weights in the end of the grip to change SW

Was that a stock offering that swingweights at D4? That seems high for a stock club.

as others and yourself pointed out. You can install a counter balanced shaft, change to a heavier grip, or cut it down. You can also install a lighter shaft. They will lower both over all weight and swing weight.

What shaft do you have in it now?

If you're ordering custom, I would think they'd be able to adjust the weight. While it's not movable, there's a threaded weight in the back of the Sim2 Max.

You can also try a counterweight in the grip end. Purportedly, Nicklaus counterweighted all his clubs.

as others and yourself pointed out. You can install a counter balanced shaft, change to a heavier grip, or cut it down. You can also install a lighter shaft. They will lower both over all weight and swing weight.

What shaft do you have in it now?

The tensei av raw blue

This is where white grips are so handy. Little more weight.

Was that a stock offering that swingweights at D4? That seems high for a stock club.

Well, that's what it says on their site...and it is noticeably "heavier" than my Mav SZ and F9 drivers... I just ordered what they fit me into

Well, that's what it says on their site...and it is noticeably "heavier" than my Mav SZ and F9 drivers... I just ordered what they fit me into

Have you had it checked somewhere?

Have you had it checked somewhere?

Not yet... I thought maybe I was just being a weakling so I wanted to give it more time...even with it swinging noticeably heavier than my other drivers, I am fairly good at hitting the fairway with it

Not yet... I thought maybe I was just being a weakling so I wanted to give it more time...even with it swinging noticeably heavier than my other drivers, I am fairly good at hitting the fairway with it
If you are hitting fairways with it and getting the distance you expect I wouldn't be in a rush to monkey with it. Maybe the heavier swingweight made a difference in the fitting.

Just bought new Sim2 Max. With my M5, i had a baby cut. Took and put the same Shaft in my new Sim2 now i have a slice with the same settings on the shaft. Any suggestions?

Just bought new Sim2 Max. With my M5, i had a baby cut. Took and put the same Shaft in my new Sim2 now i have a slice with the same settings on the shaft. Any suggestions?
Go back to the M5

Club Head Weights – Billy Bob's Golf I've used his weights a lot.

I would take a little length off. .5" would get it to D1 (with same weight grip) so you can figure your target swing weight from there. I personally would not do it with a heavier grip because you are just adding more overall weight to the club even though you may reduce swing weight a little.

I love D4 - send it to me!

:ROFLMAO:

Seriously, experiment with it by wrapping some lead tape at the bottom of the grip to get it down to D2.

Absolutely do not cut down the shaft to get to the swing weight you want...yet.

Change the headweight! Billy Bob's golf is the place to go for this as suggested by @miparman

If that doesn't work to improve the feel, you might then consider a different shaft with a different balance point.

The driver is 45.75 inches. Is that your usual length?I believe the stock swing weight acc to TM for a SIM Driver is D5.

For me, that's too much shaft length, but we are all different. I used to go between 44 and 45 but was fitted into 45 - all depends on the driver.

The driver is 45.75 inches. Is that your usual length. I believe the stock swing weight acc to TM for a SIM Driver is D5.

i had been playing my driver at 44.5" (Mav SZ) in the LINQ Gun Metal F4...never had it swing weighted, tho.

i had been playing my driver at 44.5" (Mav SZ) in the LINQ Gun Metal F4...never had it swing weighted, tho.

I'm not that talented to play a 45.75 inch driver unless I grip down an inch.:oops:

I'm not that talented to play a 45.75 inch driver unless I grip down an inch.:oops:

Feelings mutual. However, I certainly can/did connect multiple times with drivers of 45.5”- 45.75” as I’m sure many also have, BUT the key question is how consistent can you honestly do this. I almost made the mistake of sticking with these lengths due to hitting some big drives, but again the consistency wasn’t there. We all March to our own beat, for me 44.5” continues to win. Distance with the Extra 1” or so is nominal IMO and more consistent short grass/center hits is priority for me.

Back