Song Dog

Reaction score
Handicap
Which do you prefer to do your regrips with, the 2” wide or 1” wide take?
I have always used the 2”
Just curious

I've always used the wide stuff. less effort to get it on is good for me.

Always used the 2”. It’s all we use in the shop at GG too.

2” is so much easier. I used to do the spiral but it’s a pain. Putters just get the air compressor.

2” is quicker, the 3/4” is for the Ping style wrap that is a constant spiral the length of the grip.

I've used mainly 2". There was a time that I tried the 3/4" but that is such a pain. And now I blow on my grips, so I initially install 2 layers of tape and to have to replace it unless I make some sort of adjustments to the shaft.

I use 2", it's quicker and easier.

I've only ever used the 2" stuff. Seemed the simple option when I first bought regripping supplies, and it's what I've just stuck with.

I've used mainly 2". There was a time that I tried the 3/4" but that is such a pain. And now I blow on my grips, so I initially install 2 layers of tape and to have to replace it unless I make some sort of adjustments to the shaft.

The compressor was a game changer when it comes to putters for me. Nice to be able to try out different weights/grips to get things where I like. I did manage to blow up a Lamkin though.

I've only ever used the 2"

I've only ever used the 2"
I mean, I wrapped plenty of hockey sticks with 1" tape, kinda made an art of it. I don't want to deal with that when I'm regripping golf clubs, I didn't have to do 13 hockey sticks all at once! :ROFLMAO:

I mean, I wrapped plenty of hockey sticks with 1" tape, kinda made an art of it. I don't want to deal with that when I'm regripping golf clubs, I didn't have to do 13 hockey sticks all at once! :ROFLMAO:

Dad's 3/4" electrical tape was perfect for hockey sticks 🔥

It's not a job you do often. So I enjoy the 1 inch and roll it on like a barber pole. The 2 inch is easier and quicker but I sometimes screw up the lay of it and get overlaps. So 1 inch for me about once a year.

Definitely prefer the 2" tape.

Back