Regular or Stiff shaft on TM R9?

ShortButCrooked

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey gang,

First post here (other than an intro on the check-in page). Let me start by saying, great info and great site!

I am looking for a new driver (that's actually how I found this site). I've narrowed it down to the R9 10.5 loft. I've hit it at Golfsmith and liked it but it's hard to tell hitting into a net. I have yet to be able to hit it at a range. My swing speed is 95-98, sometimes getting to just >100. I know I'm a tweener between regular and stiff, depending on other factors. My current Ping G2 10.5 loft has a stiff Graphalloy Prolaunch and I think it's about right. Prior to that I had the Aldila NV in a stiff and that felt a bit boardy to me. I hit that low and to the right.

The question I have is how is the stock shaft on the 'consumer' (not tour version) R9? I read someplace that the stock Motore shaft is relatively stiff? How does it compare in terms of tip stiffness to the shafts above?

Thanks!

I do not think it is that tip stiff really. I very much like the stock shaft. We have given away a few of those drivers to members here, so hopefully one of them will chime in with info.

Back