Removal of interchangeable shaft hosel

akacovie

Reaction score
Handicap
I was wondering if it’s possible to remove the screw-in hosel attachment and reshaft my Edel wedge. I got an excellent deal on this 56*, and only noticed that the shaft screws in (for fitting I’m assuming) when the head nearly came off on my third or fourth full swing of a round. I screwed it back in as tightly as possible, but it’s been removed from my bag for the time being. I’m not sure if it’s actually removable from the neck, but I’d appreciate any advice.
97C88191-8606-4710-A687-5B8A67F727D3.jpeg

Last edited:
I was wondering if it’s possible to remove the screw-in hosel attachment and reshaft my Edel wedge. I got an excellent deal on this 56*, and only noticed my that the shaft screws in (for fitting I’m assuming) when the head nearly came off on my third or fourth full swing of a round. I screwed it back in as tightly as possible, but it’s been removed from my bag for the time being. I’m not sure if it’s actually removable from the neck, but I’d appreciate any advice.
View attachment 9017585
If it’s a fitting cart club then there’s no way to remove the fitting mechanism/adapter. I’m sure you could just epoxy the whole thing and then screw it in if you wanted to sort of Frankenstein it for peace of mind, but there’s not much to do beyond that.

If it’s a fitting cart club then there’s no way to remove the fitting mechanism/adapter. I’m sure you could just epoxy the whole thing and then screw it in if you wanted to sort of Frankenstein it for peace of mind, but there’s not much to do beyond that.

Ah well, I suppose it will just be added to my collection of wedges in the garage. Thanks for the info!

Ah well, I suppose it will just be added to my collection of wedges in the garage. Thanks for the info!

@Jman ‘s idea is a good one. If you like the wedge throw a little epoxy on the threads and screw it back together. You could also put some Loctite on the threads that might help but not be as permanent as epoxy. You could always get the epoxy loose again with a heat gun.

Agree - epoxy if you like the set up - and forget about it. or, use the adapter (?) for the shaft you want, then assemble that shaft and then epoxy it back together - that would be the safest and it'd work - no need to add it to the garage (not yet anyway).

@Jaw2000 Thanks for the advice! I was very pleased with the first few swings, and it’s relief to know I can at least modify it to keep it in the bag for awhile. Quick follow up question, why can’t the threaded hosel extension be removed from the clubhead? Is the neck specifically made to accommodate it?

Back