Replacement- shaft making creaking noises

dillbert

Dillon PGH
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone know if callaway will replace a shaft? I have the XR Speed driver that I got earlier this summer since I was just getting back into golf and the driver shaft makes creaking and cracking noises sometimes on contact. Never dropped it or anything like that, I’m just afraid the head will fly off soon if I don’t get it replaced.

Sounds like air bubbles in the epoxy. I would take it in to where you purchased it from and see if they will warranty it for you or ship it to Callaway for repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve had a driver that made those noises and eventually the head started moving freely. Sounds like the epoxy job wasn’t up to par.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like air bubbles in the epoxy. I would take it in to where you purchased it from and see if they will warranty it for you or ship it to Callaway for repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I just spoke to Callaway customer service, they’re sending me a new shaft

I’ve had a driver that made those noises and eventually the head started moving freely. Sounds like the epoxy job wasn’t up to par.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, that’s what scared me, I’ve read horror stories like this and didn’t want my driver head to fly off in the middle of a round lol. Luckily, callaway is sending me a new shaft and having me ship the old one back.

Back