Returning member, been away/forgot about Hackers Paradise....

butchammon

Keeping it "old school"
Reaction score
Handicap
what?
I remembered my username, but had to reset my password. Good to be back, new gear (in my signature), etc... I went to a swing coach, and learned I just don't have the swing tempo anymore, even as a grandpa. Soooo, I found some Taylor Made clubs with the stock graphite shaft in a senior flex. I can blast the 3-wood right off the turf at the driving range 225-230 yards, without even trying to crush it. The driver is amazing too and goes 250+ yards. I love it!

Hope to learn a lot more on this forum...

Welcome back to THP!!! Enjoy swinging the sticks!!!

Welcome back

Welcome back!

So you said you forgot about Hackers (Good) vs. Paradise (Evil).. but do you remember which team you're for?

Welcome back to :thp:

Welcome back!!!

Welcome back

Welcome back!!!

Welcome back! Jump in, lots of great stuff going on here!

Welcome back man!

Welcome back.

I can see forgetting about thesandtrap, but THP ... No

Have fun here.;)

Welcome back

Glad you are back and good to see a fellow Virginian here. I am about 35 miles west of Richmond.

Nice to have you back. Nice to hear that your switch to senior flex is working well for you.

Thanks, everyone!

Yeah, I started out late in life, back in the 80's & 90's, playing golf with my wife's brother-in-law. He basically "took me under his wing" as the saying goes, and showed me what to do, what NOT to do, etc... I've been hooked ever since!

Now, now, now... No bragging, especially since I'm still around an 18-20 handicapper.*
* Best round -ever- I totally, legitimately, carded an 82 on a regulation 18 hole course (witnessed by my older brother-in-law and our two buddies).
* Longest drive -ever- back in my prime: 284 yards, as paced off near a sprinkler head, by my boss's wife (she is a heck of a lady golfer! OMG!)
* Worst round -ever- that almost made me want to sell my clubs: A complete "meltdown" disastrous quintuple bogey 8 on a par 3. I teed off with a basic 7-iron, but misjudged the distance (as usual - should have used a 6-iron), and landed in the front greenside bunker. To my shock, the greenskeepers or owners of the golf course, reworked the bunkers so they were 100% full, raked smooth, but yet fluffy like a pillow. Step down into the bunker, and you sink in almost like quicksand! I don't want to relive the mental trauma of trying to get out of the greenside bunker, but let's just say, I finally got out and 2-putted for a horrifying quintuple bogey 8 on that hole!
* Best shot -ever- (AND MY ONE AND ONLY EAGLE!): I hit a nice drive straight out into the fairway on a basic Par 4 hole. I still had 150 +/- yards to the flagstick. With the breeze slightly blowing down the fairway, I (again) made an error and mis-clubbed. I hit a 7-iron cleanly and the wind caught it, and carried it just to the back side of the green. To my luck (or perhaps "Divine Intervention"), the ball, bounced off the raised embankment and collar, back onto the green, rolled back, kept rolling, following the "break", and...... YES.... actually rolled right into the cup! :eek:

Golf can make you think you are the next Bryson DeChambeau or Rory McIloy.... Or, it can drive you to your knees, wondering what happened?

Welcome back!

Welcome back!!

Welcome back.

Welcome back!

Back