Ridiculous club combos

thehackingmurse

@mursesunited
Reaction score
Anyone build an unnecessary club just for the fun of it? I'm talking Nike sasquatch with a bonded premium shaft dumb.

Part of me wants to just make something silly for the next golf trip with the guys.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

I haven't got around to it yet, but I bought an old 12.5 degree TM driver with the 4 weight ports. Thought it would be fun to max out the weight ports and make a real "mini" driver. Napkin math says I can get it down pretty short.

Titleist DCI 1-iron shortened to 7-iron length with a trainer grip and a ton of lead tape added to get it into the high "C" weight range.

Kinda want to build up on old DCI 4 iron into say a 6 iron length punch out club....

I considered a driver with a shaft shortened by 2" or so. It'd be the length of my 9w then and maybe I could hit it without a slice.:ROFLMAO:

I considered a driver with a shaft shortened by 2" or so. It'd be the length of my 9w then and maybe I could hit it without a slice.:ROFLMAO:
As someone who tested a shorter driver I would say that your approach could absolutely be worthy. I’d recommend giving it a try. Shafts and lead tape can be sourced relatively cheap to give it a proof of concept test for you

I think that makes a ton of sense. That could definitely work for you. The swingweight could be an issue but maybe a heavier soft shaft. It wouldn't be an optimize distance club but could be an accuracy. A 12 or 13* driver with a shorter shaft could be a good option as you work to improve your game.

6 iron with a PW length shaft.

So ridiculous it is great..... for the bump and runs.

The tinkerer in me is loving all of this.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

I also have a Fujikura MCI practice shaft in a Cobra RF blade head. Should probably practice with it more actually.

Back