• Tour Championship shot into the water

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters

RealPretendPsychic

Ask me about the Callaway Apex CB’s!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What’s worse - Rory’s club throw at Doral or the Tour Championship shot into the water?

From a strike perspective, the shot at the Tour Champ was worse. From a reaction perspective, the Doral was worse.

I can’t decide. Maybe I should have gone with what’s more surprising. I still can’t decide. The club throw was shocking, but to see him top that ball in the water pretty much gave me the same ‘did I just see what I think I saw’ reaction.

From a competitive standpoint, the tour championship one. I'm curious to watch the full thing, but it looked like a classic case of trying to do too much from a bad spot. Reminds me of one McDowell did at a big tournament. So that's a planning fail. Anyone can whomp a double cross into the water and get fed up about it. Club throw isn't my thing, but whatever. The rough shank was a failure before he even swung though. Gotta be smarter.

Not that I haven't done that. I'm totally guilty of it, and they are among my more fantastically terrible results. I need the occasional reminder I guess.

From a competitive standpoint, the tour championship one. I'm curious to watch the full thing, but it looked like a classic case of trying to do too much from a bad spot. Reminds me of one McDowell did at a big tournament. So that's a planning fail. Anyone can whomp a double cross into the water and get fed up about it. Club throw isn't my thing, but whatever. The rough shank was a failure before he even swung though.
You nailed it. They asked him about the shot after the round.

You nailed it. They asked him about the shot after the round.
Sounds right. I freaking hate that. We're all guilty of thinking we can make a shot and lose sight of the odds totally stacked against it. It's just human nature in a way. Gotta fight that instinct though.

I'm trying to find a longer clip. I'm curious if he and his caddie talked through it, or if he questioned the lie.

I can't find a longer clip. Total modern media fail.

Did anyone see it and remember him planning the shot? Or know when it was in the broadcast schedule? I really want to see the lead up to it.

The club toss was majestic!

At least he gets style points for the club toss. Not so much for the chunk.

If anything it made him look more like a normal everyday guy.

and no, i don’t condone club throwing. But we all have had the temptation at least

The Tour shot was tough to swallow.

I loved watching both. Makes the pro's look more like us....lol

Your golf game tends to fall off a bit when you have kids, but this is a ridiculously fast drop.

Calcavechia , 17th tee , Kiawah Island......far worse than either of those.

I hit an East Lake shot like that yesterday in a couples tourney the wife and I are playing. o_O

Effin bermuda!!!

That shot was worse but the club throw was worse from a professional standpoint....even though I find the club throw amusing haha

From a strike perspective, the shot at the Tour Champ was worse. From a reaction perspective, the Doral was worse.
This!

Professionals can fail when attempting to hit difficult shots; throwing clubs is never acceptable.

I have to say I did NOT expect the outcome of the Tour Champ one. BRU-TAL.
I'm glad we don't have bermuda up here!! :eek:

the club throw even though the video won’t work for me. The latter just goes to show nobody is exempt from bad shots. Happens to everyone.

I picked the Doral shot because he hit it right where he was aimed and just came over it... :ROFLMAO:
Rory and his mental game need to get in synch more often and he'd be up at the top all the time.
But what's he working with under the hood? :censored::ROFLMAO:

Shot wise, yesterday. Reaction wise, Doral.

This right here. I didn't see the club throw live on tv, but if I did I would be rooting against him - can't stand that nonsense. From a shot standpoint, that duffed shot yesterday was bad. At least the shot at Doral went airborne.

Back