Rweltzin

Reaction score
Handicap
Ok I currently hit a BSF 1.0. I Will be upgrading this year, I went to golfsmith today and tried the RBZ. I'm swinging right about a 112-116SS. I was looking at hitting a X flex but they didn't have any yet, so he recommended the HD6. At first I hit the 9 degree driver, I couldn't get any trajectory at all, Spin was right about 2400. He then put the 10.5 head on and immediately went up to 4300 spin, and perfect trajectory. however I also developed a slight fade with this. When I hit my BSF with 9.5 degree and an Xcon 4.8 I have a slight draw if anything but the trajectory is always high. My concern here is that I would like to get a bsf 2.0 however this will be a TP since I would order, and With the weight in the toe, could a hard fade be an issue? Or is there another shaft someone would reccomend trying. obviously they did not have a 2.0tp to try with the hd6 or I would have hit that also.

Ok I read your post twice and I think I understand your dilema. You like the HD 6 shaft but you want to buy a 2.0 SF TP and you know that the club is fade biased.
Hope that is correct.
If yes - the SF non tp is set closed and the hosel is shorter than the TP. The 2.0 TP head is open 1-2 degress. Additioanly the 2.0 TP has a toe weight and while I have not seen it, the version 2 2.0 TP with two serial numbers is less fade bias. So you can get a version 2 and probably have similiar results but expect a fade which as a hooking machine I personally love. I have the first version with the 5 gram toe weight. I recently removed the weight and inserted a 2 gram weight (tool and weight on Ebay). I had to grind the tool down in order to get to fit in the tunnel withought scratching the weight. For now I placed like 4 grams of lead tape near the heel of the head. It has helped.
Now the last factor - the TP HD 6 plays a tad softer to flex in the 2.0 TP due to the depth of the hosel. Some people recommend tipping the shaft to get it to play to flex.

Hope this helps and makes sense.

Those are all the answers I was looking for, thank you, I still havent ruled out the RBZ yet, hopefully i can hit both of these side by side tomorrow and get a better idea. Thanks again for the help

Back