Scott Piercy Social Media Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

smgoldstein

2022 Goat Cupper
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
While I have not seen them, Scott made homophobic and conspiracy theory posts on social media. Just heard that Titleist Foot/Joy ended their relationship with him this week. A company taking swift action.

Bad humor, bad judgement, bad apology. It all basically shows us who he is and begs sponsor distancing.

It's not hard to find if you want to see it. I first saw it on an tmz sports post so I'm sure it's still there.

Just learned of this a little while ago. Not great, horrible look. Good to see sponsors take swift action.

I don't know what he said. I used to think it sounded corny, but I miss when we were kids and we used to say "Sticks and stones..."

I don't know what he said. I used to think it sounded corny, but I miss when we were kids and we used to say "Sticks and stones..."

TMZ has the Instagram post. Highly doubt he created the original meme, but rather shared it. Still... gotta think before you post.

My first reaction: "Who the hell is Scott Piercy?"

My second reaction after finding out who he was: "Who the hell is Scott Piercy and boy that was dumb. "

Man. Think before you post especially if you've got a following on social media.

image.png

It's the cancel culture we live in nowadays.

Haven't seen it, but a LGBTQ conspiracy sounds interesting. Much more than the run-of-the-mill conspiracies.

I'm going to guess Scott Piercy was not that big of a decision to drop anyway.

I honestly don't care what a professional golfer has to say on social media. That being said, given today's climate, I can understand sponsors taking actions against Piercy

TMZ has the Instagram post. Highly doubt he created the original meme, but rather shared it. Still... gotta think before you post.

Might dabble a little 'think before you follow' in there too. People can see what you follow, and just because you find something funny (to each their own) doesn't always* mean it's actually good to have more of it in your life/feed.

*does not apply to the half naked fitness beauties in my follows

Last edited:
I clearly think you missed the mark on Blazing Saddles if you think it's even close to being the same thing as sharing homophobic memes.
Not at all. I'm just saying that society has got to the point where they are offended by every & anything possible. Believe me I have family & friends that are of that life style, but that is whole different conversion that I believe does not belong on THP.

I clearly think you missed the mark on Blazing Saddles if you think it's even close to being the same thing as sharing homophobic memes.

:ROFLMAO:

Guess I'll be pulling for Scott from now on.

I think less of Titleist for dumping him.

I think less of Titleist for dumping him.

Really? As a shareholder I think they did exactly what they should have. Who do you think is a bigger market for Titleist, Q Anon Conspiracy homophobes or Moderate Democrats?

And now J.Lindeberg also dumped him. Easiest decision ever for both companies and good on them for taking the lead. Why would any brand want to be associated with a player putting out homophobic content?

And now J.Lindeberg also dumped him. Easiest decision ever for both companies and good on them for taking the lead. Why would any brand want to be associated with a player putting out homophobic content?

What was homophobic about what he posted? I've read it, seemed it was just a headline. Admittedly, I have not seen any pictures that were associated it it.

What was homophobic about what he posted? I've read it, seemed it was just a headline. Admittedly, I have not seen any pictures that were associated it it.

I think TMZ has the original meme he posted and it leaves little room for interpretation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back