Scrambles after COVID19

redneckwop

3G - God - golf - guns
Reaction score
Handicap
CO high
Do you think this will effect the way scrambles are run? I mean like the number of teams, the "gimmick" holes or the long drive & closes to the pin?

I was thinking this the other day - with a scramble format, all 4 players are standing together every single shot. Maybe we will see more alternate shot formats.

I think it all depends on how long people go without golf. Golf is addictive like a drug. It causes us to think differently when its at the center of the conversation or action. Whether it be 4 people hovering over a ball during Covid, or hitting the hero shot for a .00001% chance at eagle. Clear heads might not prevail...

The public soon forgets and for a lot of people it will be business as usual just like before. For others it will be a change.

Some people will most likely continue social distancing... so alternate shot may be more common like was previously posted maybe

I can't wait for the first group to turn in a 51 Alt Shot

The american public and golf community will be full tilt once the stay at homes are removed. I think that golf outings will return to normal and run normally personally. That is fine. I think I will be less likely to try my buddies local beer or swigs out of the bottle, but golf in foursomes... sign me up.

The american public and golf community will be full tilt once the stay at homes are removed. I think that golf outings will return to normal and run normally personally. That is fine. I think I will be less likely to try my buddies local beer or swigs out of the bottle, but golf in foursomes... sign me up.

I agree with this (y)

I don't see there being any lasting changes once we're past this thing.

I think any extra caution would be on the players end.

I'm going to be honest....people are fed up with social distancing and didn't want to do it to begin with. I see it going right back to "normal" afterwards...which honestly I don't see as a problem. This was more an issue with the healthcare infrastructure more than public health....although if it gets people to continue to actually wash their hands that would be nice.

I think we as golfers live in enough of a bubble where we are casual at the golf course (I use the term we loosely) and still tread lightly elsewhere.

The bigger fear for me, is how live events will succeed after this. Sports arenas, concerts, theater, that sort of thing.

Why would it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think we as golfers live in enough of a bubble where we are casual at the golf course (I use the term we loosely) and still tread lightly elsewhere.

The bigger fear for me, is how live events will succeed after this. Sports arenas, concerts, theater, that sort of thing.
I think they all go back to relatively normal for the most part. Maybe just have systems in place in case it's a bad illness season. I think if anyone can come up with a body temperature scanner that can be super accurate and added to metal detectors, they will make bank. That might be the next step. Have a fever? sorry, no entrance.

Why would it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think during a time where we have basically told the world population to stay the F home for months at a time, that's a strange enough situation where a question like this is warranted. Personally I don't believe it ultimately will, maybe this year sure, but moving forward probably not. But the question is worth asking.

I think they all go back to relatively normal for the most part. Maybe just have systems in place in case it's a bad illness season. I think if anyone can come up with a body temperature scanner that can be super accurate and added to metal detectors, they will make bank. That might be the next step. Have a fever? sorry, no entrance.
For something like COVID, does body temperature matter for the first couple days? I thought there were no signs.

It's just that feeling of uneasiness.... which is sadly funny because I already had it thanks to microbiology and stupid anxiety :confused:

For something like COVID, does body temperature matter for the first couple days? I thought there were no signs.

It's just that feeling of uneasiness.... which is sadly funny because I already had it thanks to microbiology and stupid anxiety :confused:
True. In this case it wouldn’t. I guess I’m not sure but people seem to have short term memory loss real quick when it’s something that was unconvincing them. I took our car for a drive tonight just to move it for the first time in like 2 weeks and honestly the roads looked pretty normal for 7pm. No idea where they were going but who knows. I just feel like the longer this goes, the quicker people don’t care anymore and just want to get out.

When it passes I think it will revert to what it used to be.

As I have stated, I think everything is back to normal in a few months. Don’t see any reason to change long term what some find fun. Could in the short term you see less scrambles or other type events? Probably. But, not long term.

I expect that it will be very similar to what happened after 9/11. Yes there will be some changes, things will be different at first but for the most part 10, 20 years later the majority of people don't give either the action (flying) or the additional headaches (security screening) a second thought. Life goes on.

The public soon forgets and for a lot of people it will be business as usual just like before. For others it will be a change.

Some people will most likely continue social distancing... so alternate shot may be more common like was previously posted maybe

This is correct. It will go back to business as usual. Unless people are constantly reminded people forget. It will eventually be lost in everyones mind because there is more important things to do in day to day life like getting back to day to day life
If you know your group of guys aren't sick, never been sick, don't show signs of being sick its going to be fun, beers and golf.
If there is a single getting put with a bunch of guys who know each other then there will be suspicion...for a few holes.

Looking at Lowe's and Home Depot on the weekends, the parking lots are full to capacity. People aren't following recommendations and I don't blame them. They're tired of this and want to go out!

I don't think anything really changes much for golf behaviors post-COVID. It shouldn't, either.

If the virus follows the timeline of most other viruses, it will die out.

I think people will have new habits for a lot of things or types of golf, but I think there will be changes or behavior shifts for sure

Look at China- they “eased” restrictions, and 20,000 people showed up at a tourist attraction jammed in like sardines. You can’t fix stupid.

Back