I do not need a fancy bread bowl, just give it to me in a cup with a bag of oyster crackers.

yeah, the bread bowl is always like 3-4 bucks more and this crap is already overpriced as it is

a cup will run yah about 5.50 here... and thats not how you're supposed to eat chowder! a massive BOWL is needed

All that is fine and good, but I'd rather have some Louisiana style seafood.

I LOVE crawfish, and will mow your yard for a good tuna steak. Jimmy Buffett wrote a song about gumbeaux, and a nice big bowl of etoufee makes for a fine lunch. Put a coonass behind the grill, and eat whatever he serves you. You'll go home with a full belly, and lots of funny stories.

All that is fine and good, but I'd rather have some Louisiana style seafood.

I LOVE crawfish, and will mow your yard for a good tuna steak. Jimmy Buffett wrote a song about gumbeaux, and a nice big bowl of etoufee makes for a fine lunch. Put a coonass behind the grill, and eat whatever he serves you. You'll go home with a full belly, and lots of funny stories.

I love sucking the heads of the crawfish. I forgot about New Orleans, ive never been there, but Ive been to a ton of cajun restaurants. Your right they know how to bring it.

Hey DD, have you been to the giant clam in Bean town. I just saw it on Man v Food and it looked pretty good. They were at Eagles Deli too.

The ONLY seafood I would even consider eating from time to time is Seared (Rare) Ahi Tuna.

I'm definitely a seafood nut. Shrimp, scallops, salmon, shark, halibut, mahi mahi, grouper, snapper, perch (ocean & lake), trout, walleye, panfish, northern pike, etc, etc...

Going back to the start of the thread, I have to agree about Seattle's (and Portland's) seafood. With my job, I usually travel out there ~4 times a year for business and look forward to it every time. Don't get me wrong, there is some great seafood in Florida but it's no comparison. Smoked alaskan salmon, Puget Sound clams, alaskan halibut, those monster prawns a few places get...*sigh*

Ok, now I'm hungry. Time to convince the boss it's time for another trip to Seattle. Or even better, visit my dealers in Alaska. They've all promised fishing trips for salmon and halibut, and one of them is right on the Kenai River and another is in Ketchikan. And another has a whole side of salmon smoked and in his freezer waiting for me.

There is no better fishing than Alaska.
When im in Seattle I like to settle in at the oyster bar at Brooklyn's.

I love sucking the heads of the crawfish. I forgot about New Orleans, ive never been there, but Ive been to a ton of cajun restaurants. Your right they know how to bring it.

Love Crawfish etouffee, but I can't bring myself to suck the heads. I used to go down for Jazz Fest every other year or so (great collection of Hawai'ian-style shirts). One year, we stayed in a B&B with one of the smaller bands that performed there. The B&B owners did a seafood boil one night, and the band played. Totally fabulous.

:quiet:

Whenever I'm there, I always try to hit Salty's and Anthony's, and of course for lunch on the run I have to hit an Ivar's if I'm close to one.

I'd be down for seafood today... low on cash though so I'll probably settle for something dirty and cheap

Love Crawfish etouffee, but I can't bring myself to suck the heads.

The heads are where all the spices accumulate during the cooking process. You're missing out.

I always eat the green stuff out of the lobsters heads too. You cant waste it.

I'm definitely a seafood nut. Shrimp, scallops, salmon, shark, halibut, mahi mahi, grouper, snapper, perch (ocean & lake), trout, walleye, panfish, northern pike, etc, etc...

I'll agree with you on Walleye, and Panfish. Some fresh caught Lake Erie Walleye or Perch is mighty tasty. My favorite panfish is Crappie. Ohio (and maybe other places) have a cross between Sauger and Walleye (Saugeye) that is mighty tasty also. I could really go for some seafood.

I'll agree with you on Walleye, and Panfish. Some fresh caught Lake Erie Walleye or Perch is mighty tasty. My favorite panfish is Crappie. Ohio (and maybe other places) have a cross between Sauger and Walleye (Saugeye) that is mighty tasty also. I could really go for some seafood.

I don't think I have ever had freshwater fish... I'll have to get on top of that

I don't think I have ever had freshwater fish... I'll have to get on top of that

Try the LAKE Perch and the walleye. Sea perch is crap compared to lake perch. Major difference in the taste.

Try the LAKE Perch and the walleye. Sea perch is crap compared to lake perch. Major difference in the taste.

QFT! Lake perch is basically a smaller cousin of the walleye and mighty tasty. Ocean perch isn't nearly as good, but it works if you don't have the option of something better.

Crappie is really good too. Or for those that have ever had the chance, Burbot (sometimes called Eelpout, but it's not) is delicious.

i eat pretty much any seafood they serve in restaurants or publix

I ate a piece of cedar planked Australian red trout last week. The thing was just short of being the best fish in the world. It looked just like salmon but didnt taste like it.

Ever wonder what a 95 year old lobster looks like?

interesting fact:
The normal lifespan for a North American lobster is about 60 years. A lobster’s age can be determined by their weight: one pound for the first 7 years and a quarter pound for every year following.

giantlobster.jpg

I love all seafood.
Favorites are:

Grouper
Lobster
Crawfish
Shrimp
Scallops
Clams
Chilean Sea Bass

Back