Second of the 3 Ocracoke Prototypes

SunsetBeachGolf

Truly Custom Putters
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 1.5
Going out in Oil Rubbed bronze. We made three of these prototypes before settling on a few changes for our production run. There is only ONE of these left.

2009_12220014.jpg

2009_12220015.jpg

2009_12220016.jpg

2009_12220017.jpg

2009_12220018.jpg

2009_12220020.jpg

that is simply stunning. i love the rubbed bronze finish. that putter would look fantastic in my kitchen, it matches my hardware and fixtures perfectly!:D

I really like the finish on that. Nice work!

This bad rascal was boxed, labeled and ready to ship, shortly after the previous pictures were taken. The owner was very on the ball and contacted us with a note regarding a flange line that I had overlooked. Being that the hosel was in place, before this putter was spec'd out, cutting that line was a different animal. Not to mention, I had busted both end mills that I would have normally been using, for this line, about a month prior and had yet to replace them.
Well, I got a call today reminding me that the putter had not made its way to the owner and had to slap myself back to reality! I snatched it from the line-up and headed to the shop. The endmills I was hoping to use had arrived on Friday or yesterday and I was knee deep in shavings, in no time. Well, not knee deep, but you get the picture, ;).
For me and my limited milling expertise, cutting this one had "broken end mill" written all over it. I had to cut it completely differently that my usual lines, being that the hosel got in the way of my normal route. It required that the cutter be drawn up and the putter head be drawn into it, at the same time, but at such a rate that I wouldn't put too much pressure on the cutter, laterally and snap it................................like I had done to the last two end mills, mere minutes apart, :(.
Well, nothing broken, no uneven lines and we have a putter on the way to a very, very patient customer. Let me know what you think of the look of a flange line on this model. It is where the sweet spot was found, based on the layman's method of tapping the face until it moves, without twisting the head.
Thanks again for your support of SSB and for all of the patience that our customers had, working through a tough end to 2009. Turnaround times will keep getting better and better.
LaMont in AZ
Sunset Beach's Custom Garage Guy 8)

2010_01100007.jpg

2010_01100008.jpg

2010_01100009.jpg

2010_01100010.jpg

2010_01100011small.jpg

Back